• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

how to "centre" drive shafts mod ??

aussie

hi guys

how ya going.

could you please help explain and show pics if possble please r.e info on how to centre drive shafts ??

what tools/parts are needed ??

is this procedure done on all shafts thru out the entire car ??

what will this help mainly ??

cheers

glen

kryptonite

simply use ear plug foam or auto grade fuel line. not a fan of the ear plug foam, becouse it crushes. you can also go to the harware store with a drive cup and find a spring that will fit in each side. the purpase of centering is so they don't bind under pressure witch will couse them to crak a drive cup. take your time on doing this. if they are not centered properly you will have a reverse effect. put the car on a stand so the wheels are off the ground. rotate the tires and while straight and turned and make sure they is no binding. i did not center the main shafts. only the drive wheel shaftsthese pics are using foam ear plugs. i found they don't last long and now use 1/4" auto grade fuel tubing

centered drive shafts 001.jpg

centered drive shafts 002.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/583c60590778c_centereddriveshafts001.jpg.8d25be1370d05b6d159fdd1566a481ce.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/583c60590925f_centereddriveshafts002.jpg.ce0ed9d8ab03331ff98fdf2268f430fd.jpg

hamster huey

I went with springs too but there not the "elcon" ones. Thanks for the tip on the elcons they look better than the ones I am using. So I need 8 at 1.45 each. I use a small amount of blue (yellow also works) poster putty on the bottom of my springs to keep them in the cup so I don't loose them when I have my car taken apart for maintenance or if a bone pops out (which has never happened).

Simsy

yeah I found the elcon ones did the trick perfectly they just pop in there I have never had to take them out and have never poped a driveshaft since they have been in so keeping them in there hasnt been a problem.

badboy2

what are u using now?fuel line or a spring?i thought it was something major that i needed to drill or something.up until now i still didnt buy a redcat.i guess ill take the dive soon.

kryptonite

i got the conical springs that they use on the mcd's for my on-road MT(its a common issue with 4wd's), but my TT now uses heavy duty fuel tubing, (automotive grade) and my MT(pictured below) doesn't run any. with the alloy arms there is less flex up front and i havent had any issues. none of the pre-run mods need any real fabrication. just simple do it yourself stuff.

pete

is there a place that sells the spring that ships to the u.s.?

aussie

Me Again Glen From Australia !!!!!

hi guys

how are ya all.

long time not been here.

any way,guess what, i brought " benckie" fg 2 wd mt.

you know the fg on large scale forum.com where the thread so it all begins.

well i brought the fully modded all aloy fg truck

shes on the way,hopefully get it by weekend guys

cant wait

any way,re concial elcon springs,well iv got some left over from rampage mt i used to have

i wanna fit them for the fg mt,so which way do they fit and go in ??

small end in cup or large end out facing drive shaft (dog bone ) ??

cheers

great to catch up fellas

glen

Australia:) :)

kryptonite

hey aussi. glad to hear from you. i seen benckies rig. pretty damn sweet. for the conical springs: the large end goes toward the outside and the smaller end goes towards the shaft. if the fg is the comp edition it may have constant velocity drive shafts. theb the conical springs wont work/fit.. good luck bro. keep us posted

aussie

hi kryp

how are ya mate

thanks for the info and reply.

good to hear from you also matey.

keep in touch

cheers

glen

Australia :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts