• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hitec Super Servo

G

bigfol said:
Let me play devils adivicate here.... How do we know thats the actual servo? Why is it covered with a rag..............?
The servo is too big to be a bolt in. An aftermarket servo mount has been developed for that platform. The mount is what is they want to stay hidden. They don't want the copycat companies producing it before they get it into the market.

bigfol

Ah, I see, pesky copy-cats.....How much bigger is it than the stanard hitec 1/5 servo, do you think it would be able to be fitted to the xbe in a stand-up mount?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I think it's crazy overkill for the light XBE. I might try one in my MT as a single servo setup with the huge MT tires. I think it would be closer fit on its side, but doable. The servos in the 5ive are the same size as Savox 735 & 736. Also the same size of the Hitec 805. So to need a new mount, it must be larger than the 1/4 scale servos. All actual specs are being kept on the down low until release.

G

krashkrieg said:
Not really... ;) .
I have that pic too. They are all over the net. I'm just do'n my part not to give it too much exposure until its release. DDM will soon have the servo and mount for the 5ive, plus the voltage regulator by Killer RC.

G

rampagemt said:
This servo will be great for the mt and the losi :D
With the huge MT tires. The servo will have enough torque to snap a link. It is rated at 1222oz that's like 3 of the 5755s. LOL

Last edited:

krashkrieg

Contributor
RCDAD said:
I have that pic too. They are all over the net. I'm just do'n my part not to give it too much exposure until its release. DDM will soon have the servo and mount for the 5ive, plus the voltage regulator by Killer RC.
Don't really understand why but if you don't think it should be posted, I deleted it....

G

It's not that big of deal really. The servo info is all over the net. I wasn't slam'n ya. I was just being selective of what info I promote. If that makes any sense. LOL

pb2themax

Banned
Its fine with me if you repost any pics or videos you see on the Killer RC Facebook.

It's a beast of a servo. Install is easy and real solid. The amperage draw is actually less than the stock servo. The gear ratio is super low, which is why it takes the 14.8v to spin the motor fast enough to not have slow steering.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

They are as powerful as 3 of the 5765s. The heavy platforms need 2 servos. When you run 2 servos you have to make sure they are in sink, or they will fight each other. That shortens the life of the servo and degrades performance. A single servo setup is simpler. It is just better to have one strong servo over 2 weaker ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts