• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hitec 645 question

G

I could not believe the difference in the HV digital servos. They are almost completely silent even in motion.

xtamhs

Ok perfect, because I was just about to say, with any resistance there is always a noise I noticed. Im not sure if most of you guys retained the stock servo horn on the new servo but I kept the old one and after testing it for about the 10 minutes, the horn seemed to strip on the inside and not grip anymore for either brake or throttle. So I had to use the longer horn that came with it and drill some larger holes in it to make my throttle and brake linkages fit through. When I put the old horn back on the stock servo, it gripped perfect so I'm hoping I was suppose to switch to a new horn from the beginning because if not, this new one is probably going to strip too...

G

xtamhs said:
Ok perfect, because I was just about to say, with any resistance there is always a noise I noticed. Im not sure if most of you guys retained the stock servo horn on the new servo but I kept the old one and after testing it for about the 10 minutes, the horn seemed to strip on the inside and not grip anymore for either brake or throttle. So I had to use the longer horn that came with it and drill some larger holes in it to make my throttle and brake linkages fit through. When I put the old horn back on the stock servo, it gripped perfect so I'm hoping I was suppose to switch to a new horn from the beginning because if not, this new one is probably going to strip too...
They do not share the same tooth count. So they will strip out easy.

xtamhs

Awesome, thank you. I thought I screwed it up but that makes sense now. You guys are teaching me so much...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts