• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

hitec 5645

mr.33trucker

is it a direct bolt in throttle and brake, is the 5745 adirect bolt in also

thanks for all the help

Sprint 77

Contributor
I would advice against the 5645 servo in Fifth scales realy benefit on hitec better line of internal motors that are in their servos above the 5_ _ _ when the second coloum is 6 means has there lowest grade motor in it. Most of there good ones besides the big 1/4 scale 5745 are a "9" in the second column.

The 5745 takes a little widdleing on your plastic mount and servo arm but it s worth the effort. the top holes are a half hole out so I used the bottoms cut the extruded boss off the top glued the holes with JB Weld then redrilled and taped where it lined up with the hitec pattern. The aluminum arm that comes with the 5745 needs one side trimmed off and there you go you got a servo that rocks for not much$$

mooman007uk

Banned
The 5645 is a digital version of the 645 ......I'm running a 645 analogue at the mo and it works fine, more than powerful enough to lock up the brakes but I will change to a digital jr z9100t in time...the 645 and 5645 are a bit too slow.

I got the alloy servo mounts and I cut off the nubs and drilled and tapped to extra holes to fit the 5745 for steering...redcat sell the futaba blue mounts in alloy which will allow the 5745 to bolt right in if you don't want to drill and tap

twisted - bones

mooman007uk said:
redcat sell the futaba blue mounts in alloy which will allow the 5745 to bolt right in if you don't want to drill and tap
I know this is a dirt old thread but......

So with the dual steering do I buy 2 sets of the same mounts or are thier two different mount sets for the futaba? I modified my stock ones but just don't feel comfortable with how much material I hade to remove to get the 5745s to fit.

Also, my buddy launched my mt and taco'd the front shocks. I ordered new shafts for them and they were a way larger diameter than the stocks. the part number I ordered was 50121 which is supposed to be the replacement part. what gives? anyone else have this problem?

Ron E

Contributor
shock info, thanks again hamster... this is a quote from his post.

I just got my parts! I ran down to the basement, tried them and they fit! Woo hoo Im happy! Ok after all the trouble it was worth it but I wish I wasnt the guinea pig. Trial and error was a little expensive. I wish someone would have told me this earlier. Anyway here are all the parts you need to do the conversion:

50121 X2 (4.59 each)

50122 X2 (4.59 each)

50120-O-ring X4 (3.99 each)

50127 X4 (7.99 each)

------------------

Total $66.28

I might add everything goes together well. There is no hacking at all. You will have some spare rings and plastic shock parts left over. You need to pop the metal eyelet out of the old shock (where it attaches to the arm) and pop it in the new shock eyelet hole. So simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

twisted - bones

Cool thanks. But for 60 bucks I just ordered the piggy backs for the front instead. When I blow out the rears I will probably do the same.

Anyone have an answer to the servo mount question?

Sprint 77

Contributor
mr.33trucker said:
is it a direct bolt in throttle and brake, is the 5745 adirect bolt in also
thanks for all the help
I disagree the 5745 is not a direct bolt in.

The holes on the plastic uprights do not match the Hitec 5745 . You will need to dremel off both the extruded bosses off the stock uprights and I filled the wholes with JB Weld then redrilled and taped them in the correct location to get perfect steering link angle.

Some guys just nock off the bottom two bosses and just run the top two mount holes. That will work just not the way I chose to do it.

Hope that helps you out.

v555

Sprint 77 said:
I disagree the 5745 is not a direct bolt in. ...
yes it was more like -" hitec 5645

is it a direct bolt in throttle and brake"-answer.5645 is a standard scale and its a bolt on for brake/throttle. 5745 is giant scale servo so its pretty difficult to fit it for brake/throttle.5745 will fit for steering like "sprint 77"said or you can buy new uprights.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.