• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Highspeed run spark plug check concern...

ChuenouXiao

I have a concern about highspeed runs procedure for a spark plug verification for proper tuning. The concern is if a person is not careful... they may strip the plug to the head of the engine... I'm always nervous about this so I always take my plug out nice and slow. Your thoughts people on my concern here?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoffeeRedCat

So what is your concern?? some punctuation would help! r u asking if chocolatey and grey particles are normal? or are you asking how people take their spark plugs out?? sorry im just confused

ChuenouXiao

GoffeeRedCat said:
So what is your concern?? some punctuation would help! r u asking if chocolatey and grey particles are normal? or are you asking how people take their spark plugs out?? sorry im just confused
LOL!! Sorry mate... English is my second language so forgive me. What I'm saying is that since looking at your plug is one of the best way to verify that you're not running too lean or to rich. When doing so, I'm worried that with the hot engine... the plug will easily strip due to the high heat. Understand now? Oh... and I was just saying that my plug looks perfect because of its chocolatey color....

Last edited by a moderator:
G

You shouldn't have a problem removing the plug from a hot motor. Once you have it dialed in you only have to check it when you retune, say for the cooler winter months and then again in the spring.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
You shouldn't have a problem removing the plug from a hot motor. Once you have it dialed in you only have to check it when you retune, say for the cooler winter months and then again in the spring.
Yea... that makes sense RCdad... appreciate your input... you are right... I've had a bad experience with my real car once when I was a teen lol... so don't want to strip my plug inside the head of the engine LOL!

G

Totally understand ya. Actually reinstalling is where you have to be more careful not to cross thread.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
I use anti-seize on my plugs, as well. Good stuff.
Sorry... I think I have an idea what the anti-seize is for but can you guys explain its main purpose to make sure?

G

It's the opposite of locktite. Keeps threads from locking up. You can buy it at any auto parts store.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
It's the opposite of locktite. Keeps threads from locking up. You can buy it at any auto parts store.
I see... I remember using them on my real car back then... just wanted to make sure I understand what it really was for :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts