• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hexscrews/RCScrewz

rcguy5

Hey guys,

Just realized how bad the hardware is on my MT and want to upgrade to a screw kit. I have checked both out in the title and am leaning towards the Hexscrews kit. Just want to know from guys that have bought either kit regarding the completeness of the kit. Is every screw including grub screws included and are there spares.

I beleive the hexscrews are stronger than the stainless, am I correct?

Thanks, Mike

G

I've always used the RC Screwz kits. I've never had a problem with them.

G

I've never broken a screw. The stainless are strong enough to not have the hex strip out. Even with the factory hardware the only issue I've had is stripped out hex's.

rcguy5

Stripping out the hex and the sloppy fit even when using machined hex screwdrivers is what made me decide to replace the screws. How complete are the kits, I know they say every screw is provided but there are always some they don't include unless I'm wrong.

G

I've only used the RC Screwz kit. I have never completely replaced every screw. I just keep the kit on hand so I have it when I need it. It has all the major screws and nuts plus extras. However, I would guess it's not 100%. If I remembered correctly servo horn screws aren't included.

rampagemt

Re: Hexscrews/RCScrewz

That it correct. No servo screws included. I just switched my tt over completely with the rcscrewz kit. There were a few screws I Changed as I didn't like the length but other then that there great kits worth the 50-60

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts