• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help...

Eric92080

Alright all, so I got my used redcat rampage mt v3 in, I think it's the 32cc but could be the 30cc. So since it was shipped as a used item the shipper disconnected all the fuel lines and plugged them up. I'm going to order some new fuel lines and was thinking maybe a filter if it's recommended. So my issue is I don't know where to run the fuel lines... I'm new to all this but eager to learn. I've tried finding information on it with no luck. I can't figure out what goes where... I did hook up something (first picture) but still can't seem to get gas through the carburetor. Help... Please lol, also I already broke my pull starter handle off of the rope, I did reattach it...however in an amateur fashion haha. I'm also ordering some screws as the roll cage is unattached from chasis. There were some...ummm interesting accessories that I have removed and have some new paint for it and am going to find some superman stickers for it. IMAG0883.jpg IMAG0882.jpg IMAG0884.jpg IMAG0887.jpg

Phill

The fuel pickup line goes to the bottom of the carb and the overflow to the top.
If you're not getting fuel through when you pump the bubble try switching the lines over.
Lines that you can see the fuel through are a big help.
Nice truck BTW

Eric92080

The fuel pickup line goes to the bottom of the carb and the overflow to the top.
If you're not getting fuel through when you pump the bubble try switching the lines over.
Lines that you can see the fuel through are a big help.
Nice truck BTW
Switching the lines worked, thank you very much. So now I have fuel in the bubble, primed it a few times and pulled and pulled and pulled on the pull starter with no luck, even playing with the choke. Any help here? I appreciate the compliment on the truck, I can't wait to get it rolling under its own power and start reeking havoc in my neighborhood

Phill

Switching the lines worked, thank you very much. So now I have fuel in the bubble, primed it a few times and pulled and pulled and pulled on the pull starter with no luck, even playing with the choke. Any help here? I appreciate the compliment on the truck, I can't wait to get it rolling under its own power and start reeking havoc in my neighborhood

It's probably flooded now so take the plug out , turn it upside down and pull the rope til no fuel comes out then leave it overnight if you can with the plug out and start again in the morning.
You should only ever pull it twice with the choke on then turn it off and continue to pull until it starts.
Your other option to deflood it is to spray some starter fluid through the air filter and give it a pull.
That'll clean her out.
Have you checked the needles?
The low speed needle ( the one nearest the motor) should be screwed out 1 + 1/4 turns and the high speed needle 1 +1/2 turns.
Screw them in until they bottom out then unscrew back out.
Don't screw them in too tight or you can damage the needles.

Last edited:

Eric92080

Alright so all is running well thank you for the amazing help. I definitely appreciate any and all help and input. So... Now that I have it running I have a couple other issues lol. So first off the brakes don't apply, it'll roll until it loses momentum. Also reverse isn't functioning, are those both part of the same issue? I do definitely have to get that kill switch upgrade though, this thing will and does hit hard when it hits. It runs like a beast though and sounds awesome. With the current issues I still drove it until the battery pack powering the steering died, so since I purchased it used, I didn't get the charger included. So tomorrow that will be my next expenditure. Once I get this all figured out it'll be quite amazing, current state it's sort of scary haha.

Phill

Alright so all is running well thank you for the amazing help. I definitely appreciate any and all help and input. So... Now that I have it running I have a couple other issues lol. So first off the brakes don't apply, it'll roll until it loses momentum. Also reverse isn't functioning, are those both part of the same issue? I do definitely have to get that kill switch upgrade though, this thing will and does hit hard when it hits. It runs like a beast though and sounds awesome. With the current issues I still drove it until the battery pack powering the steering died, so since I purchased it used, I didn't get the charger included. So tomorrow that will be my next expenditure. Once I get this all figured out it'll be quite amazing, current state it's sort of scary haha.

MTs don't have reverse
The brakes issue may be the linkage needs adjusting

Eric92080

MTs don't have reverse
The brakes issue may be the linkage needs adjusting
Oh...well that'll explain why it's not working haha. Thank you Phill I do appreciate all the help and input. I bought some tools so I can get in and adjust the brakes, if I don't have reverse then I definitely need those haha. I'm also going to be ordering a gas tank vent soon, a kill switch that works better, thinking about getting a 8000 RPM high response clutch. Thoughts on a in line fuel filter?

Phill

Oh...well that'll explain why it's not working haha. Thank you Phill I do appreciate all the help and input. I bought some tools so I can get in and adjust the brakes, if I don't have reverse then I definitely need those haha. I'm also going to be ordering a gas tank vent soon, a kill switch that works better, thinking about getting a 8000 RPM high response clutch. Thoughts on a in line fuel filter?

Sounds good
I've never bothered with an inline filter cause you already have one in the tank.
An 8K clutch will give you faster take off but they're hard on the drive line.
I'm happy with a 6K

Thwmathue

I bought my xb used the previous owner messed with the fuel tank vent so I ended up getting a new tank and it had new lines and filter already installed. While yes you want air to get into the tank you also want to be able to slightly pressurize the tank when you press the primer bulb.

Eric92080

Thank you both, is there a way to increase the strength of the driveline? Also... So I figured out the brake issue... The took the brakes out... Is there a reason why? Did they do an upgrade that required they be taken out? Here's a picture... I'm confused lol.

Attachments

• 1511061136528487255794.jpg
    1511061136528487255794.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 1511061370498577454459.jpg
    1511061370498577454459.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 151106143728889074526.jpg
    151106143728889074526.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 12

Thwmathue

May have been an issue with the old braking system, or the servo. the stock servo leaves a lot to be desired. Otherwise I can't think of a benefit to removing the brakes it's not like it's going to improve the performance.

Eric92080

May have been an issue with the old braking system, or the servo. the stock servo leaves a lot to be desired. Otherwise I can't think of a benefit to removing the brakes it's not like it's going to improve the performance.

Yeah I was confused haha. I appreciate the help with everything, I guess for now I'll stick with off-roading so the grass stops the truck until I get the brakes in. The servos can be fairly expensive to get a decent one right? I've already reached beyond my gfs patience level with the money I've already put in to this so I'll have to save up for a new servo down the road.

Thwmathue

Rampageshop.com is inexpensive for most parts and he ships fast. This is 1/5th scale. They can be expensive I know I have 2 of them. A dbxl-e and a rampage xb. Fortunately the throttle servo is a 1/10 scale and don't have to be extremely powerful. You can get one for between $25 and $40. It's the steering servo that can be expensive.

Eric92080

Rampageshop.com is inexpensive for most parts and he ships fast. This is 1/5th scale. They can be expensive I know I have 2 of them. A dbxl-e and a rampage xb. Fortunately the throttle servo is a 1/10 scale and don't have to be extremely powerful. You can get one for between $25 and $40. It's the steering servo that can be expensive.
Oh I see, well that's not bad at all. What one of the two are your favorite?

Thwmathue

Well they are both lots of fun. It's really hard to say I like them both but for different reasons. The rampage is a gas powered where the dbxl-e runs on 8s lipo

Eric92080

Well they are both lots of fun. It's really hard to say I like them both but for different reasons. The rampage is a gas powered where the dbxl-e runs on 8s lipo
I hope I can get some more, we'll see haha. The gf is the main boss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.