• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help an electric dummy out.

Knuckles

Most of you guys know I have the O'beast build now, I put a flow system exhaust on it and before I run it I need help knowing where to start tuning after I start it. I have had intros in the past and hated tuning them. Hope this will be easier. I am nervous about damaging my motor. What kind of performance difference will this pipe make with this motor?

I refuse to pull the cord until I know what to do.

G

After each adjustment do a good WOT pass. Pull the spark plug out. Your going to want to see a brown paper bag color.

rob64n

Contributor
since the 990 does not have accelerator pump like the 813 I found it's easiest to start by running the low a little rich. 1 turn out on low may not be enough. normal stock setting is L 1 1/4. I've set mine at 1 3/8. I know not all carbs are the same so small movement is "key" once you have it running

G

rob64n

Contributor
not sayin you're wrong rcdad, all I'm sayin is I jumped on the band wagon and bought four of these carbs just to get aggrevated about the stock settings bein wrong

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts