• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Heads up men!

alfred e numan

Hit a minor snag on the xb - The new cvd is part # 07144. could this be for the MT?- The cvd-s that came factory with the XB are fine still- just need to remove the pin and grind a flat on it. The blue rod you see is a pencil torch. its worth its weight in gold to heat up the hub adaptors- ect- soften the lok-tite before trying to back out the allens-- I suppose i could cannabalize cvd parts- no big deal- The XB takes a licking- and keeps on ticking--lol! -- oh- if you want to get the Silicone out of the inner diffs- shocks- use Methanol. just saying---

G

Redcat changed the thread size on the XB a while back to 10mm to make them stronger. Redcat shows both on their site but they go in and out of stock.

I like the torch! Where did you get that?

alfred e numan

yea, it sorta surprised me to r-c dad, I bet it tossed rob and 7075 for a loop too! seen how they made all the hub adaptors-- The little torch? Bought that at a flea market in Quartzite AZ several years ago on my way to Ajo for the winter. bought it for 5 bucks. I will try to photo the flame for you in the morning- its small enough that you can put the tip of the flame on the input diff cups allens- hub adaptors - and not melt the plastic. Yea, its got its own place in the top corner of the r-c tool box!!

alfred e numan

Little butane torch

Here is a photo of the little butane torch in action. the flame is quite a bit finer than the camera photos. There is a water torch that is made in Phoenix. yes, a H2O torch. these have been around for many years- julers- dentests use these.- extremely hot flame- the larger versions can blow tru thick steel- this divice seperates the hydrogen- oxygen- you can hold the tip of the torch with your fingers as its burning-- cool flame. These can easly be homemade- it absolutely has to be built safe- anti back fire valves- ect-ect- its really a simple design- uses electricity - and a sandwich of metal plates that the water passes tru- This is the basis of running an internal combustion engine on water-- well- the seperated hydrogen gas--- H2O-- 2 parts Hydrogen 1 part Oxygen.

alfred e numan

the H2O torch burns FAR hotter than an Oxygen- Acetiline torch. this fact makes it diffacult to keep from burning holes.- the water torch tends to clean the metal as you are soldering-brazing. the way to cool the H2O torch down is by mixing alcohol and-or a type of soda? forget the compound- to the water torches input tank. This is not a supressed tech- its inherent problem is that it requires quite a bit of A-C power for a large scale torch- the small versions - lower BTU out put- can run the plates with a car battery. pardon the spelling.

G

If anyone wants the pencil torch, amazon had them for 5 bucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts