• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Head Upgrades?

DustyR3825

Banned
Anyone know of any bolt on ported and polished heads for the 30cc XB? Lookin for some more horsepower and torque. If so what is recommended and please attach links. Thanks...

forist

Contributor

forist

Contributor
Has anyone looked to see if the crank is 2mm in the stock 30cc for sure. I know some times the stock motors are not as they say they are. The 28cc motor that came with my MT pro says 28 on it from stock, come to find out it was only a 26cc.

Obeast44

Banned
forist said:
Has anyone looked to see if the crank is 2mm in the stock 30cc for sure. I know some times the stock motors are not as they say they are. The 28cc motor that came with my MT pro says 28 on it from stock, come to find out it was only a 26cc.
28mm is the stroke, what size jug did it have?

forist said:
If it is a 30cc it would be 36mm piston and 1mm stroker crank right ? or do they just not add the .5 to the 30cc ?
The 30cc motors that come in the Redcats are 30.5s. They evidently don't add the .5 on the sticker.

DustyR3825

Banned
So basically I already have the 2mm crank and just need the first link that was posted by obeast.....how extensive of an install is involved? Do I just have to swap out the head???

Obeast44

Banned
DustyR3825 said:
So basically I already have the 2mm crank and just need the first link that was posted by obeast.....how extensive of an install is involved? Do I just have to swap out the head???
Swap out the head, piston, wrist pin, bearings and head gasket. Its cake.

DustyR3825

Banned
But to confirm I do already have the 2mm crank? LOL, may be cake for you! I haven't done it before....LMAO

Obeast44

Banned
DustyR3825 said:
But to confirm I do already have the 2mm crank? LOL, may be cake for you! I haven't done it before....LMAO
Yes you should have the 30mm crank already. I will try and dig up a video of a headkit replacement for ya.

Here ya go, compliments of TFE:

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts