• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Have the default stock needle settings changed?

h20guy

Hi I'm new on here as I just got my Rampage XT for Xmas and so far I really like it a lot. After running a couple of tanks of richly mixed gas in it I checked the carb needle settings and noticed that they are both leaner than then what is written in the manual for the truck. So have the carb default needle settings changed? I ran it with the High speed needle that is in the manual 1.25 out and it seems much faster on the top end. I just changed the low end needle yesterday afternoon to what the manual says at 1.5 out and I haven't run it as of yet. Just curious why the needles were off quite a bit brand new in the package? The other thing is in looking at the rear of the truck chassis, it looks like the rear wheels have some toe in on the alignment of them is that normal or should they be totally straight, what's the easiest way to change that? Anything else that I should know about this truck as far as tuning and setup?

rcgasser

Yes the tow in the rear is normal so it will allow more straight line drive-ability. I can not speak on the carb setting there are some engine and carb masters on here that will chime in and answer that question I hope you really enjoy your XT.

krebidoux

my xb came with the needles at L.5 turns out and H at .75 turns out. when i tried to set them at the normal settings it just floaded out and wouldn't run. i've put a much better motor in mine now.

h20guy

What Walbro carb do you recommend for the stock engine? I probably have some 644 from some stock Zenoah boat engines that I have, I run a Walbro 275 on my modded Zenoah engines would one of those work on this stock engine?

Deluge

668's and 990's are the most common. A 644 should work, there's not much difference between that and a 668. I'm not sure about the 275. I know some are running a 257.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts