• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hauling Several RCs

G

Its a wonderful 75 deg day. I took the day off, kids are off school, so we went to the park to run the cars. It is getting to be a royal pain to get four 5th scale plus gear to run them. It takes up the whole back of my truck. I found one truck in our fleet has a bed slider. Didn't help much. I wish i had more gear with. I'm thinking of building a trailer this summer. I have my eye on a 16 foot enclosed.

Just wondering what everyone else does to get all the gear to the track or favorite bashing spot.

Keith81

I've got a Denali XL I put the 3rd row down and load up... Very packed and I want and could use more room....

racetruck

We used a 12 foot trailer last year at power jam. we are thinking about a 24 foot trailer and put a living section in the front with a/c :D

DSC03608.jpg

G

We used a 12 foot trailer last year at power jam. we are thinking about a 24 foot trailer and put a living section in the front with a/c
I have a 28' foot enclosed with the front 7' foot as a office that's got a roof top ac. It gets old towing it around. That's kinda why I wanted to go no larger than 16'. The huge ones are a PITA in parking lots. A couple companies make a single axel 16' lighter and easier on the gas. I would like to use it even if it's just going to bash a couple times a week.

G

This is more than what I need, but it rocks!

-

31445389.jpg

e5721c55.jpg

cordy

Get a small used motor home gut it and do your thing on the inside,that way you don't pull it, you drive it to your site. I have a 4x4 ford ranger even that gets crowded at times. When I get to our track I try to travel light,a small duffel bag,a small foldig chair cuz at 68 I cant stand as log as the 30 year olds. Most of us drive our platforms to our track,and the best guy out there by us is LightForce he drives two platforms to the track at once and his dog.

G

The bedslide is great, but not enough room for 5 largescales.__________________

Rob - Forum Owner and Owner of RampageHopUps
I have one of those in one of our work trucks just not that clean.

G

Why when I just copied that did it not include the photo in the quote box?

G

Fail. It's missing the essentials. Stripper pole, strippers, etc.
I would never run the cars then. Lol

Besides strippers can cost ya more than broken RCs.

fat49f1

Contributor
Just downsize a couple send em to Virginia. I will pm you my address and this is a one time offer, I will pay the shipping.lol

alfred e numan

Cordys idea is good too, There should be a few small motorhomes for sale where the snowbirds hang out-- Quartzsite? Also one of the safer rigs that handles the winds good would be a short school bus- These would have records of oil changes- air filters ect- Phoenix has a lot of schools---- any big city for that matter.

G

With a rig like that, it's one more insurance policy to pay for. But if it is insured as an RV it should be cheaper.

G

I can find used box vans (uhual style) for less than a trailer also. But again insurance.

alfred e numan

yea, never thought about insurance. Thing is with a school bus after most of the seats were removed its ready for folding work benches - sleeping cots, with plenty of metal inside- drill where needed -use toggle nuts to secure, redo with ease and not really sweat it- oil spills ect-- The running gear on a school bus is built for the road too- In the desert S.W, they no doubt come factory with a H.D. engine cooling - A.C. system also. --

G

Only the newer ones. When I was a kid No AC! Windows down 115 out side. Now days the kids ride in comfort. Lol

Vision

Man you guys are lucky with your big suv's and trailers!. Don't have the space for one of those here in the city. So I have to fit everything in my car, tight fit. Good thing though all my cars are electric =).

lex32.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts