• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

great deal

Ildy666

Hi guys just picked up a rc collection got a good deal.i got a losi lst, rustler vxl, blade 400 3d, blade cx2, always wanted to fly heli's so this my question.start with the cx2 & work up or try simulater on the blade 400.both heli's are brand new in the boxes never used.just don't want to kill them fast.any advice about heli's would be great...Ildy...

andyken

From what I've seen, you need to do the simulator first.

They are a lot harder than they look.

Start small first, A friend was starting and did just that.

It seemed like a challenge to hover in one spot and keep it controlled.

Also close to the ground creates more turbulence which makes it tough.

He said he first got it and was just hovering, his wife said how high will it go.

He hit the throttle got 30+ ft and a wind gust sent it into the trees.

Low wind conditions are a must, almost completely calm for a newbie.

Ildy666

Thanx been watching you tube vids. Really fricken cool.inverted flying, loops,also didnt realize how fast they are...holy cow...i know this heli habit is gonna cost some $$$$.but its all good for the price i paid its worth it...

Stygian

Banned
from what I understand the 2blade heli's are best for outside as they fly like a real one, my bro and I both have the 4 bladed ones and with the slightest bit of wind it screws them all up and they won't fly right. Also you're love the rustler vxl imo one of the best 1/10th scale electrics and they are fast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts