• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got my Rampage today / fail safe

Kaz the Minotaur

So I got my Rampage today. Sure is big! :D The UPS man delivered it right before I got home from work. My boys were practically foaming at the mouth over it...

It came with a fail safe but there are no instructions with it. How do you set it? I got the HiTec Agressor 3 channel radio with mine.

Gas Jocky

The fail safe goes in line from your throttle servo to your receiver, set up and adjust all your linkages to your carb then when your happy with your set up you can set the fail safe. First turn on the transmitter (tx) then your receiver (rx) then apply the amount of brake you want, hold in that position and press the set button on the fail safe. That's it your done!

Kaz the Minotaur

Thanks. Thats I thought.

I'm deffinately going to have to engineer another spinny stand for it. I bought a cheap kitchen table type lazy susan at Wal-Mart. It made a nice stand for my LST2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaz the Minotaur

I got my throttle linkage hooked up this evening.

Is the choke on when the thingy is vertical or horizontal?

My son was comparing his Stampede to the Rampage. The Rampage is wider, by almost 5 inches, than the Stampede is long! :)

MOfroggy

Parallel with the floor is choke off. Start cranking it with the choke perpendicular with the floor (choke on) till you hear it try to start and then move it to open and it should start within a couple of pulls. I have to give mine a little throttle to get it to start. I put the TX in my left hand and rest it on the top of the cage, pull the starter with my right hand, and give it the least amount of throttle and it usually starts within 2 pulls.

MOfroggy

MOfroggy

Yes the servos are noisy on mine too but I can only hear them when the truck is right next to me so it doesn't bother me:>). I am going to upgrade soon to all digital. With those big ass tires you need all of the steering power you can get. I will say that with the stock throttle/brake servo you can lock the wheels up. I replaced the spring with a piece of fuel line of the same length and when you put on the brakes it comes to an immediate stop (if it is going straight), if you are doing any turning it will flip on you.

I went to the HW store and bought three springs that fit inside each other, I cut them each a little longer than the other with the weakest spring being the longest. The idea being that I could develop a mechanical "progressive" brake. I think that the Spektrom 3.0 has a feature like this somewhere on it's nightmare of a menu but I have not been able to figure it out yet.

Gas Jocky

You have to watch out! hammering the brakes on full tilt will result in your c and d gears going bye bye! You have a load of rotating mass still spinning through the clutch bell through gears a and b. Set your brakes up with your epa just enough to stop the truck in a reasonable distance, I think the spectrum radio has an abs brake setting on it if I remember?

MOfroggy

Good point...I will check into that. I hate the Spektrum 3.0 manual. You have to READ it!

By the way, what does ABS stand for? (see, I told you I hadn't read the manual!)

MOfroggy

Gas Jocky

abs just like in your real car, when you hit the brakes real hard you feel a pulse through your foot, thats the brakes going on and of real fast to prevent wheel lock up.

Kaz the Minotaur

I have mine adjusted fairly tight with the collar. That way it will be easier to back them off with just the EPA on the radio. I'll have to actually run it to really get them set though.

Shiny

MOfroggy said:
I went to the HW store and bought three springs that fit inside each other, I cut them each a little longer than the other with the weakest spring being the longest. The idea being that I could develop a mechanical "progressive" brake.
Love the idea. Multiple springs. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts