• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Good bash session tonight

Kaz the Minotaur

So I had a good time with the Rampage tonight. There is a state park here in town. It has pavement, grass, dirt, small gravel, and mulch piles. I ran it hard for a whole tank of fuel. It is running pretty good.

I overshot my turn and ended up in the weeds...which were about 3 1/2 feet tall. They would have stopped my LST2 in its tracks but the Rampage kept motoring on through! All covered with grass on the front! :D The only thing you could see is grass being mowed down and then the Rampge emerges from the jungle!

I flipped twice after a bad jump. The body is cracking around a body post hole but I can fix that.

MOfroggy

I have a LST2 and if I had to pick my favorite nitro this would be it but if I had to pick any RC vehicle in my collection I would pick the Rampage (even over the Baja's I own).

Kaz the Minotaur

No pics. My boys were with me and they were wondering about playing and hacking at weeds with sticks and such. Unfortunately this park is known as place for men to pick up men...so I had to watch out for strange men emerging from the weeds pulling their pants up... :mad:

I converted my LST2 to brushless. I like it very much...very supple suspension and great steering. The instant power of the brushles motor is hard to beat also.

I also discovered that if I rev it up to right before the clutch engages and then hammer the throttle it takes off better than opening it all the way from idle. This is with the 8K spring.

As a finish to the wonderful night I got a 6 pack of Labatt Blue to drink while I was grilling a zesty herb marinated pork loin! Yummy...

Last edited by a moderator:

MOfroggy

"I also discovered that if I rev it up to right before the clutch engages and then hammer the throttle it takes off better than opening it all the way from idle. This is with the 8K spring."

Does this mean that you are blipping the throttle to get the RPM's up and then going WOT?

Kaz the Minotaur

Not blipping...holding the throttle steady right at the point just before the clutch starts to grab. Then I open it the whole way.

Shiny

Wes it is. It is like holding the RPM at say 4,000 RPM and then drop the clutch Vs. flooring it and dropping the clutch @ the same RPM. The first one will give you better results.

Kaz the Minotaur

Yeah...

My wife got home last nigh after running errands and I was working in my hobby room. She handed me a beer and said: "When are you going to stop buying parts for your toys that you don't drive...oh wait you have been working a lot lately so you haven't had time".

If she hadn't have answered her own question like that I would have said: "Don't complain...I sold one of my pistols to put money into your fund for new laminate flooring in the kitchen" Not only that but I have only been spending over time money on "my toys".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.