• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

going alum.?

Sprint 77

Contributor
mooman007uk said:
mine bent a touch just behind the servos where the cut out is for the gearcase, it's about 1.5mm out from there to the kick up at the front and i got the alu brace so it bent beyond it. Doesn't hurt it any though.
The problem with this area of flexing is that it is between your servo linkage and carb so your truck can experience glitching like conditions when landing from a jump.

Gas Jocky

Piranha2 said:
Would anyone know or have a pic of just the chassis? I thinks I might have bent mine right where it narrows at the front dif. Didn't notice it before but the whoops today were frozen dirt and ice in between them:eek:
Here is a pic of a brand new never used chassis, it measures 11mm or in imperial 13/32 a hair under 7/16

chassis005.jpg

kryptonite

good call jocky, nice pic!! doesn't look like that much when its sitting there but its enough..

Piranha2

Contributor
Thanks for the info guys (and relatives north of the border)..........(and pics GJ, which reminds me, I gotta go watch that vid again:D) guess I have to go back to Sprints chassis stiffener post and push the issue......

Last edited by a moderator:

Piranha2

Contributor
mooman007uk said:
mine bent a touch just behind the servos where the cut out is for the gearcase, it's about 1.5mm out from there to the kick up at the front and i got the alu brace so it bent beyond it. Doesn't hurt it any though.
Thanks Moo, I just went and looked at mine, it's not much but it is bent there.....what a weak point that is!!!!!! Gearplate and centerdif end there!!

mooman007uk

Banned
I'm attempting to fab a 3/8 alloy cage from tower to tower and 4 point mount to the chassis intead of 2, gotta get my hands on a plumbers pipe bender...hope to have it done by next weekend, have to wait for my 77dom before I can fab the rear section...hopefully that should cure the bendy bit

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online