• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gears....

bobvic1217

Should all the gear nuts be tight? 2 of them are tight, but the middle one is loose and turns around the shaft. When I tighten the middle one, the truck wont move....when I loosen it, it runs freely. any help?

k.jensen

the middle one should be lose enough for the gears to move arround the axle freely the 2 others should be tight

bobvic1217

thank you

I am sure glad this forum is here, I try to keep my earthquake 3.5 and XT running with this forum. when one is broke, I play with the other, until new parts comes in, (UPS man hates me)... however I can never get them both working at the same time! lol Thank you for your help... I wondered about that nut. Lost my breaks and linkage, trying to use a closet hanger for replacement, I think it'll work. :)

ImminentFailure

Hi-jacking the 'Gears' thread in this forum. I know the XB / XT are a similar platform, do they run the same stock gears? I found a gear table and lots of post about XB, was wondering if this applied to the XT as well? I hear 35/25/25/25 is good gear ratio.

Also do you grease these drive gears, and what's the fan favorite type if so? Or do you grease only the gears in the diff cases.

RampageHopUps

The gearing for XB is 29-31-25-25

XT and MT is 35-25-25-25

Tire size can also effect gearing, so there are some guys running 31-29 on their XT and MT wig Baja tires.

rob64n

Contributor
bobvic1217 said:
Should all the gear nuts be tight? 2 of them are tight, but the middle one is loose and turns around the shaft. When I tighten the middle one, the truck wont move....when I loosen it, it runs freely. any help?
i cut down some spacers to fit between the bearings, i learned this from sprint77

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.