• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

SOLD / FOUND gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastlane

Team Driver
plastic gears for a tt 29/31/25/25 or 30/30 mcd's I have a couple of metal gears to trade I have 2 25's and a 35 and a 29 that have been used but are still good to go

rob142sti

ill trade you my plastic setup for your metal.. i think that is what you are implying correct? why would you want plastic over metal anyways tho?

forist

Contributor
I have had better luck with the plastic than the metal also. I think because the plastic has a lil flex if the gears are off a lil bit they don't grind themselves to death.

laganm21

So fastlane you don't like the metal gears, i was really wanting to buy some really soon

Would you not recommended them

laganm21

So fastlane you don't like the metal gears, i was really wanting to buy some really soon

Would you not recommended them

fastlane

Team Driver
personally. no. I noticed premature ware of my center diff parts and fast eddy bearings in the gear plate. IMO I would rather change a $10 gear than all those parts. I don't jump much But I run hard

fastlane

Team Driver
I was just trying to hook some one up for hardly nothing and get some plastic gears in return

laganm21

My buddy i run with got his buggy with the 28.5 head and he could not keep the stock D&C gears for more than 5 min, so he got the steel D&C gears and now they hold up but after about 2min they get hot and start slowing down the truck to where its like hitting the break coming off the gas , is that the problem your having with them

laganm21

Just wondering how do you plan on keeping the platic gears from striping, I mean if your buggy\truck was a stock 23cc i can see how but i know you got a beefy motor on yours, Just asking because im fixen to get a 30.5 and i don't want to run into gear issues. On my buddys we ran no gear cover and then tried the vented gear cover still the same resluts with the D&C platic gears Toassted LOL

fastlane

Team Driver
I bought the metal gears for the hell of it. The plastics I have are still good I just ran them down a gravel road and put nicks in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts