• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gears for Top End

What are the Redcat part numbers for taller gears on an MT v3. My MT has the 4 pin hubs on the gear mount, stock its 25/35 gears. I was interested in more top speed till that mysterious 2 speed comes out;) Any info would be appriciated...

Thanks RCdad... What about lubrication for the gears. Grease would be better than oil right? If so which would be a good option from the auto parts stores?

brad1161

just flipped them. have to wait on wheels and tires. Anyone run theres like this?

G

Swapping the 25 & 35 around is a big gearing change. It will be slower off the line and lower acceleration. It will have a higher top speed. The factory engine will struggle. It's fun to try but I'm pretty sure you won't leave it 35-25.

GTS 666

I just ordered the Belt drive 30/30 gearing. Hasn't arrived yet but it is what I would recommend to get even without trying it everyone has given it the thumbs up. Not to sound to negative about the two speed because I would love one but I've waited for it for a long time now with no updates of a realease date. I do hope it comes but I just don't know anymore.

Ive been checking the posts on the forum about the 2 speed for a while before I even joined. Im almost in the same boat, cause Ive been eyeing that belt drive too. Just beeing hopeful It will release any day now. I figured I can mess with the gears in the meantime to experiment a couple ratios. If the cost of the belt setup was a bit cheaper, Id pull the trigger sooner. Wouldn't the imminant release of the 2 speed reduce the competitions price for a belt drive at this point?

krashkrieg

Contributor
The 2 speed has been in development for over a year...for half the $ the belt drive is a fantastic replacement to the stock gearing and you'll get to run it this summer....and you could always sell the belt drive used when the 2 sp. comes out.

GTS 666

2-Stroke Outlaw said:
Ive been checking the posts on the forum about the 2 speed for a while before I even joined. Im almost in the same boat, cause Ive been eyeing that belt drive too. Just beeing hopeful It will release any day now. I figured I can mess with the gears in the meantime to experiment a couple ratios. If the cost of the belt setup was a bit cheaper, Id pull the trigger sooner. Wouldn't the imminant release of the 2 speed reduce the competitions price for a belt drive at this point?
The Belt drive won't come down in price because it is good value already compared to running gears IMO. You can also buy different size wheels and Tyres that will change your top speed or acceleration. With the change that you would spend on a 2 speed that may or may not be avaliable till the end of the year. All large scale Rc stuff has a large cost.

Competition is always good for pricing. I here you on that. Tires is out of the question. This is a monster truck, it already has the biggest baddest tires around:) If I wanted smaller wheels I would have got a TT or XB. Id like to keep it monster except for the costs, lol. but yea...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts