• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gearing

Knuckles

I don't know anything about gearing on gassers, if you want to go up a size or down a size how do you do it? Is it as much of a concern with gearing like there is in electrics? Looking for some education.

andyken

If you have a XB, the gear from the motor clutch bell and the one it meshes with can be swapped. It will loose a little low end power, but will get better top speed.

Also tire size will make a difference.

rampagemt

Re: gearing

You can swap your a and b gears to gain more top end but will loose some down low. If you have an xb if you swap the 29 and 31 is your first option

G

To go with a taller or higher gear ratio you will need more power or you loose performance on the low end.

Knuckles

Is the gearing the same on the xb and xt? I want to run my bigger tires on it. I think my motor can handle it. What the hell am I saying I don't know anything about it. Lol

G

The gearing on the XB and XSC are 29-31

The gearing on the XT is 25-35 due to the larger tires.

I'd start by swapping the gears to run 31-29 it makes for a bit more top speed without sacrificing you low end. A taller tire will also give more top speed.

If you ran a 35-25 from the XT, I think you would find it to be too tall. It would be fast but not that quick.

Knuckles

Considering that I bought obeasts xb build and want to make it a mt instead. I also ordered a flow system exhaust because it fits under body.

G

If you run a XT size tire the 25-35 will give the low end grunt.

BertR

I have a question. I am running bow-tie's with 35-25 gears...is that going to be faster than the 31-29 with the same tire.

BertR

I always wondered because I see xb and xsc rippin around rather quick ...Thanks for the info on that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts