• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gearing ?

kryptonite

what is the diffrence in gearing between the mt and tt? once i install my head kit, im going to want to regear,(mt) but im not realy sure as to what im looking at with all these gears. (its not your standard pinion/spur) ive seen the gear chart, but i just need more clarification as to whats what and adjusting wich gears for diffrent appications. im pretty much only going to be looking for more top end.. :confused: :confused:

i see on rampage hop-ups, that when you buy a gear, it comes with another of the same tooth. out of the 4 gears, are there 2 that have the same # of teeth. keep in mind i don't have rig yet. should be here on tuesday.

mooman007uk

Banned
stock mt has 25 pinion(A) and 35 layshaft(b)

the tt has 29 pinion and 31 layshaft as it has the smaller lighter wheels....the c and d 25t remain the same.

I'm running a ported 28.5 so am regearing to mcdgears a and b 27/33...the more powerful engine should pull the slightly taller gearing giving the same or better acceleration and slightly more top end

I also ordered 30/30 for my paddles or buggy wheels which again is slightly higher gear than stock

the higher the pinion (A)gear tooth count the higher the gearing

the sum of gears a and b must = 60

badd_maxx25

i would like to know do the a and b gears mount the same meaning can i pu a wear b is and vice versa

Simsy

You can but it will change the ratio if you look at the chart for MCD you can see that some of the gear setups are the same but in reverse order.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts