• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gearing Options

bbuzzard

Contributor
I have read the other threads on the gearing configurations but has anyone come with something solid for the Dune Runner? I think I may have to upgrade the 25cc to a 29cc to get the torque I want but I am not sure.

TIA

b

chevyderek72

Ya mine is geared pretty good, i still havent finished break in or tuned it, and its pretty quick with great bottom end even with the stock spring

bbuzzard

Contributor
So I have my Dune Runner apart for some maintenance and guess what i found out...the gearing is not what I thought it was...29/31/26/24 :confused:

What's the ratio for this combination? Also, if I put in the 25/35/25/25 gears, will it be faster?

hamster huey

Thats not normal though. They usually only do that if they are under the gear cover, worn out, or something else failed.

Rudihenriksen

if only Redcats (hsp) would do a complete D-shaft.

And this would most likely not happen.

The D-shaft is not straight, when the pin is clamped to the Alu/Steel Brake Hub.

And this will make the D-gear go very uneven, and destroy the gears.

As we upgrade to steel gears, then wee just moving the problem to the bearings.

It's simple ... It must be perfectly straight.

I am happy with my redcat, but wish they (hsp) would read a little on this forum.

and then also create a stronger diff :) :)

bbuzzard

Contributor
Here's a vid with the 25/35/25/25 gearing chopping down a hill...

Hit a boulder somewhere going up and mashed up the hing pin holder...fixed that and finished running soon after...that's a tough beast! :)

max 1

THATS WHAT my 2 steal 25s looked like after 3 tanks.hardend steal ?

bbuzzard

Contributor
max 1 said:
THATS WHAT my 2 steal 25s looked like after 3 tanks.hardend steal ?
Wow, you mashed up some metal gears with DR/TT wheels?...btw, those were my plastic 25's that melted...The steel gears are running good right now.

max 1

I put my ramtecks back in and so far i,ve not had any problems .back to plastics a&b ceep blowig away the steals,3 sets with the 25s geting pricy .i don't now if some are sliping threw hardnig or what.dispit the gear ishews i love running my ramps 3 hours of run time on the plastics sofar.and 3 tanks of gas.1 tank on my steal 25s.

Martin

Imho a soft metal gear is not better than a plastic gear, as soon as the tooth lost his involute shape they start to wear very fast.

don't know of what metal it's made, but the hardening/case hardening process are skipping.

Is the MCD gear are case hardened?

max 1

AS FARE AS I KNOW they are no sign of wear any wear.have another set of 23/26 on there way mcd .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.