• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gearing Head Count

oznjo

DemonRC, are you about ready to post a sign up sheet for the 2 speed tranny?? Sorry to bug you I just don't want to miss out on getting a 2 speed for my MCD. :)

Ron E

Contributor
DemonRC said:
Ur gonna want a 37/19 gear set. 1st speed is like 29/31/25/25 but the 2nd speed is faster than a 31/29/25/25. It's more like a 32/28 if this gear even existed. Well now it does lol :)
well if 1st gear is what i run now i can't imagine how fast she's gonna be when it shift's :eek: Looks like I better bust out the brp 1/4 scale asphalt sprint car tires i bought a while back and find a BIG parking lot.

krashkrieg

Contributor
So I am normally running 29/31 with a ported -n- stuffed 30.5...but it seems there is more in it...

Can you explain what 2-speed gearing is best suited? :confused:

It sounds like I may want the same as RonE... if your 37/19 is similar to 25/35 in 1st and 29/31 in 2nd...although his is going to be more powerful :eek:

DemonRC

krashkrieg said:
So I am normally running 29/31 with a ported -n- stuffed 30.5...but it seems there is more in it...Can you explain what 2-speed gearing is best suited? :confused:

It sounds like I may want the same as RonE... if your 37/19 is similar to 25/35 in 1st and 29/31 in 2nd...although his is going to be more powerful :eek:
No the 37/19 2 speed C/D gear is exactly like your 29/31/25/25 stock gears in 1st speed but the 2nd speed is faster than a 31/29/25/25. IF you want more takeoff and a little less top speed you can drop down to a 36/20 C/D gearing.

I'm going to put up a gear chart on our website with a gear calculator today or tommorrow that shows how 2 speed gears compare to the stock gearing.

krashkrieg

Contributor
DemonRC said:
I'm going to put up a gear chart on our website with a gear calculator today or tommorrow that shows how 2 speed gears compare to the stock gearing.
Excellent!....That should clear things up and help decide what I want!

DemonRC

Please visit the following page to select your 2 Speed C/D gearing. Post what C/D gears you want here and I'll total up the count before we place the order. Don't take too long we are 3-5 days away from approving the order and starting the 1st production run.

http://www.demonrc.com/2_speed_calculator.aspx

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.