• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gearing discussion: Mod 1 vs. Mod 1.5

Kaz the Minotaur

As many of you know I am converting my Rampage to brushless. I am having some trouble deciding on the gearing.

Mod 1.5 gearing would be ideal but I can't get a small enough pinion. I would really like to get a 10T pinion but the smallest I can find is a 12T. A 40T spur is just about the biggest I can fit on the Rampage center locker.

Mod 1 opens up a lot more gearing options but is Mod 1 strong enough?

Does anyone know where I can get a Mod 1.5 pinion, 8mm bore, hub & set screw

Using BrianG's RC speed calculator http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_top_speed.html Mod 1.5 40/10 gearing will put the speed at 48.58. I know this is a theoretical speed but I would like to be under 50.

Last edited by a moderator:

pup1970

Are you mounting the motor through the original gear plate? if so, you might be able to use a belt drive or chain drive and get all the gearing you want.

Kaz the Minotaur

No I got rid of all that. I will be mounting the motor to the chassis and using a spur and pinion. I am going to buy a gear to go on the center locker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online