• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear Ratio Question

Dongskie

My DR currently has 29/31 teeth gears on A & B (see inline photo).

I find it too heavy on dead start and it takes a long stretch before the engine revs up to accelerate, and by the time the engine revs up, its already too fast :)

Is gears A=25 and B=35 ok? I'm pretty sure I can manage not over-revving the engine :)

Thanks guys!!

gearchartrampage.jpg

BertR

The 25-35 gearing is to help the big ass MT tires with gobs of torque. Your DR will top out sooner with the 25-35 but will also help it get with it at a dead stop.

Phill

Dongskie said:
My DR currently has 29/31 teeth gears on A & B (see inline photo).I find it too heavy on dead start and it takes a long stretch before the engine revs up to accelerate, and by the time the engine revs up, its already too fast :)

Is gears A=25 and B=35 ok? I'm pretty sure I can manage not over-revving the engine :)

Thanks guys!!

25/35 will give you a top speed of only 25MPH

I'm running 29/31/25/25 with a Zenoah G290 with a WT 990 on it and take off is great.

If you're running stock tires you'll find that the front and rear are different diameters which isn't helping anything.

Dongskie

Thanks Bert, thanks Phil,

I guess thats not bad for me and my son, I'm not really into speed as I play a lot with my 6y/o son and he might not be able to manage the speed just yet.

By the way I have the 2wd DR.

Actually, I was worried about the slippage time of the clutch with the bell during acceleration, I thought that it could be burning the clutch (manual tranny driver here lol).

Thanks Phil, I haven't noticed that the tires are of different diameters. Now taht you mentioned let me have a good look at them :) .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts