• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear plate pooped out on me.

ChuenouXiao

I'm running OBR 30.5. This is not the first time I've seen this but my brother in law also experience this too. His engine is the stock CY 30cc and he still experience the same problem. I'm just waiting for Demon and RCpitstop!!! Very disappointed at the stock plate.... why does it require upgrade to run my XB with no problem? This is really pissing me off..... Any quick upgrade recommendation racers!!!????

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

DustyR3825 said:
Most People Upgrade to the Aluminum Diff Plate or Purchase the Stock MT Gear Plate which uses bigger bearings...
I see that some people have a grey, almost steel like plate? It doesn't look aluminum though.... where do I find that? Especially on RCpitstop's belt video.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

This is the MT plate in the XB:)

-

9d290986.jpg

0e958013.jpg

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
This is the MT plate in the XB:)-

9d290986.jpg

0e958013.jpg
RCdad!!! I sent you an email!!!! How can I get the MT plate? Do you have it or do I have to order it from Redcat? Hoping you will have it with the bearings so that I will have everything I need and when I receive it.... I can simply install it and run it.

rcgasser

It has happened to me twice and each time I have found that the bearing that in the center diff mount the brake hub goes through gets out of round and does not let the brake carrier turn true and it pushes against the B gear causing to much heat and the plate melts so make sure you change the and the bearing also.

G

The MT plate only has one bearing on the lay shaft.

I can include the bearings if you would like. Ill send you a total.

I should mention I stripped off the blue anodizing.

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
The MT plate only has one bearing on the lay shaft. I can include the bearings if you would like. Ill send you a total.

I should mention I stripped off the blue anodizing.
There is one bearing also on the far end of the layshaft where the teeth are that is the bearing that has messed up on me to cause me to have the gear plate problem.

G

Understood.

I was comparing just the plates. The xb plate runs 6 tiny bearings.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
It's the MT/TT plate.
Deluge, I want the exact plate on RCdad's pix and the bearings for it. I don't like the blue color. Tell me the site and everything I need to complete my pulley setup. Got the site?

ChuenouXiao

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts