• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gear plate and nut coming off end of gears.

Joeyg19

I was running the other day and heard a noise then all the sudden the truck stopped, gear stipped through the gear case. I cut the gear case off so I could see all gears. I tightened everything and nut came off again. So tightened everything more (seemed too tight) but truck ran good and nut didnt come off but gears seemed to smoke. I lubed them. Truck is currently running. The gears do have some wobble I am guessing from the plastic plate on the end.

I see how the aluminum plate would end the wobble, however how will this prevent the nut from coming off the gears. Even loctite they rattle off.

G

The only way the nuts come off on their own, if the shafts have drag and the gears spin on them instead of with them. The moving gears will rotate the nuts if the shafts are stationary or moving slower than the gears. Bad bearings are normaly to blame. The smoke you saw would be from a bad bearing overheating. When ever bearings are incased in plastic they can heat up. The plastic plate holds the bearing heat in and can lead to bearing failure. The aluminum gear plate can act like a heat sink and helps dissipated the heat. This also is the same for the wheel bearing holders. I would guess your gear plate and bearings need replacing.

Joeyg19

How much for the aluminum gear case fitted with the oversize bearings from you RC dad. It did junk out totally just now.

Joeyg19

Do you make the plates with the fitted bearings? also the plastic gas cover that got destroyed, Do you have to run one?

G

I don't make them they are factory Redcat parts. Most run without the gear cover. The metal gears are pretty tough.

G

Yes the MT plate uses the larger bearings. You want the blue plate and the bearings for it are right underneath it on our site. :)

Joeyg19

So I want this, just want to be sure.

Part number 050004 for the plate and these for the bearings. 50070 & 50045.

This will fit the XSC? And I do not need to run the plate?

Thanks and I will be ordering.

G

So I want this, just want to be sure.Part number 050004 for the plate and these for the bearings. 50070 & 50045.

This will fit the XSC? And I do not need to run the plate?

Thanks and I will be ordering.
Yep, those are the right parts. You do not need to run with the cover on the gears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts