• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear plate and gears help! XT

savagekiller

Plan on rebuilding my gear plate and gears from scratch. Can anyone point me in the direction of some better directions? The manual directions are too small for mY old eyes.

G

I would use one of the plates off the MT. They are stronger and use bigger bearings.

What gears do you run?

savagekiller

Rcdad.... Funny you should say that. I found that mt info out... AFTER I placed my order for new parts. I just ordered all stock parts... But with the aluminum gear plate.

The middle gear cracked the gear plate... And just smashed everything around it.

G

Rcdad.... Funny you should say that. I found that mt info out... AFTER I placed my order for new parts. I just ordered all stock parts... But with the aluminum gear plate. The middle gear cracked the gear plate... And just smashed everything around it.
You will be fine with the aluminum version as well.

ratballs

can anyone help me with thismy xt is hurt and i need help, these two gears have stripped and i don't know where to get them, they both count 25 tooth, but are shaped different by the hub, also i see a set selling with 35 t and 3 25t gears is this the correct replacement set, the hobby shop originally did this mod for me with the hopup plate, but my gears seem to be different to the manual, am i using the wrong plate ?

booya 001.jpg

booya 002.jpg

booya 003.jpg

booya 004.jpg

booya 001.jpg

booya 002.jpg

booya 003.jpg

booya 004.jpg

/monthly_2012_06/583c60643156e_booya001.jpg.c04e182eaa233887342e05365a5af7de.jpg

/monthly_2012_06/583c606433d77_booya002.jpg.71472f5c660dc40c42e9f01441b33d5a.jpg

/monthly_2012_06/583c606435f62_booya003.jpg.0daed68a6d8a5baa04761c4f76d82f05.jpg

/monthly_2012_06/583c606437b65_booya004.jpg.275f04ebb50acdd65d929985a815a3b2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Redcat has them part# 07188.

You have the correct gear plate

How did you you strip those? I have never seen the metal gears brake.

Deluge

Damn. They just fell apart. I've seen them mash up when the mesh was off, but nothing like that.

ratballs

i just dunno

i just love this truck, my two year old goes crazy behind this thing, i am baffled as to how this happened, i started it as usual ran a tank of gas fine, stopped refilled with a fresh tank and pressed the trigger to pull off and boom, i thought the clutch had stripped at first when it wouldn't move, when got home and took her apart there she was, i will miss this truck but i am going to bury her in my back yard and pour concrete over her, with a full tank of gas, i give up,

ratballs

question

RCDAD said:
Redcat has them part# 07188. You have the correct gear plate

How did you you strip those? I have never seen the metal gears brake.
will this set work on my rampage xt, these gears look much stronger than the powder metal gears that i stripped ?? thanks

50000S Steel Gear Set

Square Drive 31-29-26-24

ratballs

question

will this work i see you have them for sale, they look stronger then the powder metal gears that stripped

50000S Steel Gear Set

Square Drive 31-29-26-24

G

I wouldn't give up if your having fun. Things break that's part of the hobby. Gears are cheap, it could of been worse.

GTS 666

ratballs said:
i just love this truck, my two year old goes crazy behind this thing, i am baffled as to how this happened, i started it as usual ran a tank of gas fine, stopped refilled with a fresh tank and pressed the trigger to pull off and boom, i thought the clutch had stripped at first when it wouldn't move, when got home and took her apart there she was, i will miss this truck but i am going to bury her in my back yard and pour concrete over her, with a full tank of gas, i give up,
Just sounds like a little bad luck mate. I own 4 large scale Rcs and sometimes things will break. I hope you can sort it out before giving it up.

ratballs

i hear yuh

i wasn't really gonna give it up, i`m just so mad at what happened, i seen some black gears on red cat pit stop, they look really hard and the price is good, but its a different ratio, i don't look for speed from my truck just like to have fun, anybody seen these gears and can say if they can work on my xt, thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

jtphillips23

My gears looked just like that.....right after I had a run away and smacked a t post. I just went ahead and put the belt drive on mine. All is good so far. Good luck!

G

i wasn't really gonna give it up, i`m just so mad at what happened, i seen some black gears on red cat pit stop, they look really hard and the price is good, but its a different ratio, i don't look for speed from my truck just like to have fun, anybody seen these gears and can say if they can work on my xt, thanks guys
Unfortunately the 50000 series have been discontinued. The only square drive metal gears are the Xseries. I need to change my photos. You could call around to see if anyone still has some old inventory.

ratballs

rcdad will this work on my xt ?? right now i have 31-29-25-25

Buggy Steel Gear Set

Square Drive 31-29-26-24

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts