• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear cover

dboozer

anyone else have problems with the gear cover fitting, after putting on the upgrade gear plate? Doesn't want to fit right. I think its hitting the reinforcing webs. They look a little bigger on the new plate.

kun114

Are you refering to the upgraded plastic plate or the aluminum one?

My gearcover works fine with the aluminum gearplate.

dboozer

the gear plate from the upgrade kit. The stock gear cover doesn't fit over it right. It looks like its hitting the reinforcing webs, they look larger on the new plate.

kryptonite

i put the new plate on and it fit fine. the wbbing isnt close at all. take a pic so we can see and try to figure it out

bauerco

I had the same problem with mine, the gear cover hit the lower web under the rear gear. It's no big drama just use a sharp knife & trim the web slightly, but only as much as you need to, take a little off & keep checking it until it clears. Just remember to radius the web slightly so as not to have an internel corner, this way it retains it's strength.

Cheers

Mark

dboozer

yeah thats what i was thinking of doing, no big deal, I made a gasket that fills the space, works fine. Was just curious if it was in fact the new gear plate that was the problem. I guess it is. would be nice if new parts fit like new parts. But thats part of the fun i guess, I love working on these damn things, lol. Thanks guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts