• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

FYI - Turnigy 6s 5000's do not fit

DemonRC

Just a little warning on the Turnigy 6s 5000's:

They must have wrapped the hell out of them because they are a little wider than most 3-6s batteries and taller than most other 6s's. Untill I get some adjustable HPI trays in I'm just going to cut the outer walls off so I can run.

Also, I don't like the way the wiring comes out of the side of the batteries instead of the top. Depending on which side of the car the battery is placed, the - or + wire will be in the bottom and be poking into the battery tray sidewall. You will defintely have to dremel a notch all the way to the bottom so that the wire can clear. I'm going to find a way to lay my batteries on their sides so that the wires face up. This will also lower the CG. The problem there is the 75mm battery height now becomes the width of the battery which makes them 20mm wider than most other batteries.

Obeast44

Banned
I used some angled aluminum from Lowes and made my own battery trays. Once I got them where I wanted I lined them with high density foam.. They've been working great for me :)

Kaz the Minotaur

These are the battery trays I made. They look a little hack though...:cool:They mount using the 2 outer pairs of mounting holes. I made them this way so that the screw heads would be away from the battery.

user52_pic1513_1322996923.jpg

user52_pic1513_1322996923.jpg

/monthly_2011_12/user52_pic1513_1322996923.jpg.b02ee87c9e9cfd97013d19694a528d56.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts