• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Futaba 3PM 2.4GHz or Spektrum DX 3.0 ???

Piranha2

Contributor
Just as it says......both are comparably priced and have the 3rd channel for a Pico!

Piranha2

Contributor
I am watching a couple NIB on eBay.....fair prices.....Moo had one but I was scared of the shipping from out of country on the opposite coast.

kryptonite

ya, shipping real;ly aint that bad.. i sent 2 nitro's in a huge box for $25.. but i have had issues with spectrum, and so have others; doesn't meen they arent any good. but i have NEVER seen a bad thread on futaba 3pm 2.4.. i have a 3pm and love it. super easy and durable too.. wouldnt sugjest dropping it, but i have a few times

Piranha2

Contributor
Hey Rob, I really need that headkit now....can't seem to slide the 'ol 28 32 back in.

Clubin

Banned
Piranha2 said:
I ended up getting the 3PM 2.4GHz......You guys ever see this servo? Tons of torque and waterproof....but it needs it's own power source.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250358615936&category=44028&_trksid=p2773.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D40%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D54
You can run them through a standard reciever, I have, but they are plastic geared and don't last either the output shafts shear off or the gears strip. I have3 a few that are junk and need rebilld kits, it was cheaper to buy another servo than it was to buy hte rebuild kit. I payed 30.00 canadian for mine. They are cheap, but they are also not for 5th scale steering, they will not handle the shock. Getyourself a hs 5745.

Piranha2

Contributor
Yeah I have one on my "wishlist"....hope to get some vid of the 28.5cc tomorrow now that pins are repaired!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts