• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Futaba 3PL FHSS

NewKat

I have a feeling I will need to replace my tx/rx soon. Is this a decent one? I have heard good things about Futaba and FlySky. I don't need a whole bunch of channels(yet) as I am still in my infancy when it comes to 1/5th scale. Or maybe you guys could recommend one with 3-4 channels that comes in a kit with a receiver that is relatively budget friendly(under $150.00, preferably) and where to buy it at. Thank you guys in advance.

G

Both make great radios. The Flysky is probably the best bang for the buck.

Motakitty

I love my flysky gt3b you cab buy it for about $50 on ebay or anywhere else really and will bind up with the stock redcat receiver. And it's 3ch and I think 20 model memory and if you hack it you can get I think it's 80 model something crazy like that but it's a great remote, great range. I cant say enough good things about it

cordy

Flysky fs-it4.T he recievers are on sale for $12 thier regulary $26.The reciever will do 8.4 volts so you can upgrade to lipo for more umph for your digital servos.Cost $150. Check it out.Am I missing something here? I just checked hobbypartz web site,and all thier recievers are listed 4-6volt input except the it4 which is listed as 4-8.4 volts.The flysky transmitters use lipos.

Last edited by a moderator:

JLW429

I run the Futaba 3PL and the receiver is 7.4 volt capable. I like this radio and it has all the features you will need and 10 model memory.

NewKat

You all are awesome. Exactly the feedback I was looking for. Where is a good place to get them. I have used DDM for a lot of my purchases only because they are quick and trustworthy. I know they sell the Futaba. Also, why are they selling the PL for 114 plus tax if the flysky is good for 50 bucks or so? Thank you all again. I have been on forums for my straight axle Chevy and this forum is by far the most helpful.

NewKat

I really like that one. Read it and sounds like everything i would probably ever need.This is probably a dumb question but what do you mean sub trim? I'm only familiar with the throttle, steering and dual rate that is on the stock transmitter. Thanks again, Motakitty.

Motakitty

The sub trims can center the servo just like the regular trims can so it's like a second trim. I like it so that you can use the sub trim to center the servo then you can use the regular trims to fine tune it but it's not nessasary. Plus the receivers are like $10 and it has a built in fail safe. I have the killer bee kill switch and use the fail safe too so it would kill the motor and apply full brake

Motakitty

I got rid of my traxxas tqi for it and got my brother to get the gt3c to replace his spektrum. If your interested in hacking it or want more info on it go to overkillrc.com they even sell them hacked but does take a long time since he doesn't stock them

rampagemt

Ya I have been wanting to pick one up cause with my losi and dual steering I can't get servos to center correctly without the sub trim. I font want to spend the money on a futaba. I currently use the gt3c but am going to pick up a nodded gt3b and do the mods .

Motakitty

Both the b and c both use the same internals, I would just mod the one you have just buy the hack kit, it's easy if you know how to soldier

rampagemt

I do but am not no pro. I figured it wouldbt hurt to have a spare controller. I did not see detailed instructions on how to mod the c I know ur needs an extra piece

Motakitty

If your not comfortable soldiering cause it is on the main board and it is kinda tiny then ya just go for the pre hacked one

vpalace

I have the 3pl, couldn't be happier. All the talk of flysky receivers crapping out made me shy away from it. I don't care that they are cheap to replace, I'd rather not have to keep a bunch of spares in my toolbox. I also like the hidden antenna. Has a good feel and very comfortable.

Motakitty

I know futaba are really good, I wanted the 4pk something like that but it was just out of my budget. I've had futaba growing up and I've never had any issues with them. If your on a budget then the flysky is the answer, I've had it for about 2 years and no issues with receivers going out or anything but it is a good idea to keep a spare or two. For the price of a high end futaba you can buy like 10 flysky remotes

vpalace

But why buy 10 remotes when you only need 1? I figure spend a little more now and avoid nickel and diming it later.

Motakitty

I've had good luck with the flysky. Never had to replace anything. I modded mine and hacked it all for under 100 and it does everything the 4pk one does. If you can afford it I would go with the futaba if not then the flysky is a great choice

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts