• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fuel?

gobigorgohome

are any of u guys running cam 2 or special oil mixes with the stock motor also im planning on buyin the obr 30.5cc motor new to this wanna make sure i don't harm the stock or new motor when i get it and i want to get the most out of the motor

alfred e numan

fuel topic

Pump gas is just fine. Avoid the Ethanol- gasoline mix. If you cannot buy Ethanol free gasoline in your local stations, Nearly all areas have bulk plants that usually only sell 3 grades of pure gasoline- buy fuel there. I NEVER run ethanol mix in anything I own-lawnmower-to my truck-car-or the r-c car. Also, If you find a gas station that sells -advertises ethonal freegasin one grade only but the gas pump has only one fuel hose-nozzle, understand that if the guy-gal that bought gas before you did not buy the good gas, the fuel you get is going to be the fuel they bought -- from the fuel nozzle back two where ever the gas manafold is- the device that switches grades of fuel- see- if you are buying one gallon of gas- you will only get what was bought ahead of you- for at least the first 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon. Buy five gallons- put two or three in your car- then fill your gallon r-c gas can- 91-92 octane is fine for our cars, as in any engine, too much octane hurts top end power- it burns too slow. - Oil? thats like -opening a can o worms- run a known quality oil and stick to it.

alfred e numan

fuel topic

most all cities have bulk plants. this is where to find the non ethanol gasoline, in washington state for example, most of the state patrol -state trucks- private contractors- buy the gas at bulk plants. ethanol can only be transported on a tanker truck or rail road tanker, it cannot be put into the nations underground pipeing system- too corosive, and dissolves the buffer that seperates the fuels we use. its a sandwich for lack of a better discription fuel oil-buffer-desel -buffer- gasoline-buffer- ect-ect- the ecpetion is natural gas. it has to have it own system of pipes. soo what i am saying is all bulk plants have pure gasoline- ya just need to cruse the yellow pages or talk to people who race - they will direct you to the closest bulk plant. pardon the spelling- it is almost understandable!!

alfred e numan

more ethonal facts

In 2009, 15% of the nations corn crop made ethonal. 2010-25%. it takes about 150 liters of water to make 1 gallon of ethanol. all in all ethanol costs about 6-7 dollars to make-fertelizer- machines to plant-harvese-ect-ect- guess who pays- the tax payers- its called subsdies. no its not a good deal at all. it Will be phased out eventually when people understand. Etanol is 113 octane, a real car will run like a scalded dog on this stuff. In Brazil the popular car is a ford. it has 2 fuel tanks- 1 small tank that holds gasoline to start a cold motor- as the motor comes up to tempeture it automatickly switches to pure ethonal. the ideal fuel-air ratio for gasoline is about 14-1. ethanol is 6-1 no milage but the run like a bat outta hell. Brazil makes there ethonal mostly from sugar cane. agan pardon my lousy spelling.

gobigorgohome

i also drag race yes e85 is being used in alot of cars just requires alot of it to make power but ive been told ethonol is destroying 2 stroke motors

Aznhunter

gobigorgohome said:
i also drag race yes e85 is being used in alot of cars just requires alot of it to make power but ive been told ethonol is destroying 2 stroke motors
Ethanol destroys the "seals" on the carb and motor. Destroys fuel lines also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts