• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fuel tank dyeing vol 2

rampage idiot

All you guys that have had success dyeing your gas tank are you all using rit powder or have any of you used the liquid like me? I posted on the old thread that I used lemon yellow mixed with aquamarine to get lime green I soaked it for 6hrs on the stove and presto the tank is still as white as snow imagine that, any ideas? If anyone wants me to do your tank like mine feel free to laugh and throw stuff I can take it

Thanks

rampage idiot

Some slight modifications have been made to the Rit Dye Formula due to the lack of availability of some dye substances. With the new formulation, Rit will continue to dye most fabrics and materials, just as before. The only fabrics it will not dye are 100% acetate, polyester, acrylic and spandex. It will also not dye certain plastics made out of polycarbonates, such as golf discs and components of RC Cars. However, it will dye nylon-based plastics such as buttons and golf balls. It's always best to test the dye on your material first to see if you are satisfied. All the Rit liquid dyes are now packaged with this new formula. The powder dyes are being converted gradually to this new formula. Colors that have been converted are: Royal Blue, Petal Pink, Fuchsia, and Pearl Grey. We will be posting more information about the new Rit formulation in upcoming blogs.

Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Phoenix Brands

First Name: David

Last Name: Burns

E-Mail Address: [email protected]

Address:

City:

State: Pennsylvania

Age Group: 18+

Marital Status: Divorced

What led you to visit?:

I am having a problem was wondering if maybe you could help

Conmments or questions:

There are a bunch of people out there using your product to dye plastic gas tanks on rc cars It looks to me most of them are using the powder I tried it using the liquid and had no luck, I mixed lemon yellow and aquamarine trying to get lime green, I soaked it on stove for 6 hrs and got no absorbtion at all, is the liquid different than the powder. Thanks Dave Burns

Would you like to receive information and offers from other Phoenix Brands LLC brands?: No

Would you like to only receive information and offers from RIT Dye?: Yes

The results of this submission may be viewed at:

http://www.ritdye.com/node/5/submission/3586

I thought you guys might find this interesting I emailed rit yesterday and sure as s--- there is a difference between the powder and the liquid

rampage idiot

UPDATE ON POWDER!!!! the lemon yellow powder does NOT work either. I mixed lemon yellow powder and a hint of royal blue powder the water was green as a gators butt and now I have a really nice shade of royal blue on my tank!!!! Gotta luv it

krashkrieg

Contributor
Can you post a picture please?

Just a theory....If the Royal Blue does not have the correct formula (as stated in your letter, maybe the Yellow had the stuff in it to make the Blue stick to the plastic?...

krashkrieg

Contributor
Thats the color I'm looking for !....how is it that the Royal Blue worked?...I want to write to RIT again...wanna trade tanks?...I have a new un-dyed one?...hit me up with a PM if interested.

rampage idiot

Well to be honest with you I don't know what would happen if you just used royal blue by itself but I can tell you I used a whole bag of lemon yellow and 1/3 bag of royal blue and in 1and 1/2 hrs this is what I got. Like RCDAD said tanks are cheap I got this one from him play around thats what I am doing its a learning curve

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts