• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fuel Ratio...

T3X

Hi all, just wondering what fuel ratio do you guys use.I was advised to use 50:1 even though this is very lean. But i use 94 grade fuel from petro canada and i use 100% synthetic oil. I find that my engine gets quite hot using this ratio. Like i cant touch the head without being scorched. So i have no clue what to do hear. Wats you guys thoughts. I know this is asked alot but just wanna be sure. Remember also i live in Canada so fuel grade is alot different than the US.

krashkrieg

Contributor
You will probably lean seize your motor at that ratio

Stick with no less than 32:1

T3X

Ok next batch i mix ill do 32:1 now is it safe to assume that the engine shouldnt heat up that much and if not how hot is it supposed to be. Also will i get a lot more oil out of my exhaust. Because as of this moment with a 50:1 mix i get some oil leaking out of my exhaust and onto my bumper.

G

The oil out the exhaust is caused more by the air/fuel mixture than the oil to gas ratio.

I use 5oz per gallon and get almost no oil out the exhaust.

T3X

Thats a 25:1 mix your using RD. This is the oil im using check attachments

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2014_04/image.jpg.791bf9caee257273ff4f54c800343632.jpg

T3X

yea ive looked at that vid a few times but i will try the 32:1 and see how that works out. if not then ill try a 25:1 mix. thanks for the help guys!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.