• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fuel Problem

tonygoole1

Hi all i have vented my tank. ran car for 20 minutes and was fantastic ran like a dream.

Took it out again yesterday and it was miss firiing and runnning sluggish. i check everything and noticed the petrol was very cloudy in the priming bubble and in the fuel tank.

so i drianed it all off and put some new fuel in. its now running sluggish and the rev increase and drop and increase and drop on idle.

there is also some white bubbles in the fuel in the priming bubble.

Any ideas please. see pics

G

They don't always come set properly.

Make sure you are at:

- 1 1/2 out on the high

- 1 1/4 out on the low

G

Correct. Screw them clockwise until they stop. Don't tighten or you will damage the needles. You then back them out (counter clockwise) to the setting.

tonygoole1

Ok great thanks, any ideas what the white bits are in the fuel. All I can think is its water from condensation or something?

tonygoole1

Where does the air leak usually come from.? any tips on how to find it

G

Some bubbles are normal it is caused by the vibration of the engine.

If you think you have moisture or water in the fuel, I would recommend mixing up a new batch.

tonygoole1

i thought about that rcdad, does it look like water from the white bits in the pictures. i will remix fuel ;)

tonygoole1

i thought about mixing a new batch. will try that. what do you think is causing the white bits in the fuel, could it be water? needle settings seemed spot on. reset them anyway. will give a try in the morning. thanks everyone

RazorHobbies

To answer his question about air leak. Air leak can come from anywhere where the fuel is traveling. If you have a rip, tear or hole in you fuel line it can contribute to an air leak.

Start with a fresh batch of fuel and go from their.

F-Fanatic

Not sure if this is still an issue for you or not, but I had a similar issue with my idle during break-in and on my third tank of break-in, which involved the vehicle actually moving.

Check your choke lever, and make sure that while you're up and running, it's locked into the open position. When I first got my XB - it took me two days to realize this - the whole time I never had my choke locked into the open position, and the vibration from the engine was causing the choke needle to move up and down, resulting in an erratic idle and strange performance. Be sure to check that. Hope this helps.

tonygoole1

Cleaned out fuel system. Got new oil and petrol. Mixed another batch up and she's running like a dream. Thanks everyone.

tonygoole1

Thanks rcdad. Was panicking, just spent over £500 buying this MT lol. Only on 3rd tank of fuel and already bought new diff cup cos it sheared, exhaust silicone coupler cos it ripped and a fuel tank breather as it was not running well. Wife will divorce me if I have to keep spending on it lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts