• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fuel leak

M

magnum57

My MT has a new fuel tank inline filter and upgraded in tank filter. All new fuel lines. Original fuel cap. When I give it throttle fuel comes out of the rubber fuel line holder where the two lines go into the tank. Leaks around where the rubber fits into the plastic tank. I tried it without a fuel cap and still leaked. Like my MCD I thought I might need a breather tube off the fuel cap. I hate to use a glue gun to try and seal the rubber into the plastic tank.

It doesn’t seem like the tank is creating a vacuum. When I take off the fuel cap there is no pressure build up. Like my FG when I take off the cap its under a lot of pressure and you can hear the relief of air pressure. Any ideas:confused:

Last edited:

Shiny

Yes it sound like a lose fitting. The hose is not tite in the rubber. Beiger outer diameter hose should fix it.

M

magnum57

I’ll try the fuel line that KUN114 suggested until Red Cat comes out with the new bung. Thanks Guys.

M

magnum57

SPRINT77, You are the MAN. I took your advise and got a #24 Viton O-Ring slid it over the fuel lines and tucked up under the top side of the bung. Works great. Tank doesn’t leak any more. I hated the thought of using some sealant. That would look like crap.

Thanks Bro

Sprint 77

Contributor
magnum57 said:
SPRINT77, You are the MAN. I took your advise and got a #24 Viton O-Ring slid it over the fuel lines and tucked up under the top side of the bung. Works great. Tank doesn’t leak any more. I hated the thought of using some sealant. That would look like crap.
Thanks Bro
Glad I could help, now just get you an extra o-ring for the pit box and you are in like Flint.

M

magnum57

Hey Bro,

Got my fuel lines today. HUGE diff. With the Viton O ring and the new fuel line. No way this baby will leak. I used 1/4" fuel line but I see it was soft. The DDM line is very firm and expands the bung perfect.

Thanks Guys

MOfroggy

magnum57 said:
Hey Bro,
Got my fuel lines today. HUGE diff. With the Viton O ring and the new fuel line. No way this baby will leak. I used 1/4" fuel line but I see it was soft. The DDM line is very firm and expands the bung perfect.

Thanks Guys
You need to remember that Sprint77 chimed in with the tip on the O ring, he is REAL sensitive when he is not recognized for his input:)

max 1

magnum57 said:
my Mt Has A New Fuel Tank Inline Filter And Upgraded In Tank Filter. All New Fuel Lines. Original Fuel Cap. When I Give It Throttle Fuel Comes Out Of The Rubber Fuel Line Holder Where The Two Lines Go Into The Tank. Leaks Around Where The Rubber Fits Into The Plastic Tank. I Tried It Without A Fuel Cap And Still Leaked. Like My Mcd I Thought I Might Need A Breather Tube Off The Fuel Cap. I Hate To Use A Glue Gun To Try And Seal The Rubber Into The Plastic Tank.
It Doesn’t Seem Like The Tank Is Creating A Vacuum. When I Take Off The Fuel Cap There Is No Pressure Build Up. Like My Fg When I Take Off The Cap Its Under A Lot Of Pressure And You Can Hear The Relief Of Air Pressure. Any Ideas:confused:
Yes I Went With Larger Fuel Line Also No Leaky No More

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts