• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fuel filter

Sucram

Looks bulky...

I have run a $6 filter in my baja for ages without issue

kryptonite

"blur" makes some pretty interesting stuff, like their quick release air filter set-up. the fuel filter looks nice, but is simply not needed. there is all ready a decant fuel filter inside of the tank.

rc-driver

kryptonite said:
"blur" makes some pretty interesting stuff, like their quick release air filter set-up. the fuel filter looks nice, but is simply not needed. there is all ready a decant fuel filter inside of the tank.
how do you clean the in tank filter ?

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

rc-driver said:
how do you clean the in tank filter ?
you don't. its a clunk. some are like a cloth and some are like a stone. there is no need to clean them. unlike nitro's, where you open the tiny dirty tank every 7minutes or so, we open our tank evey hour.just ='s less dirt transfer. the larger motors arent so sensitive to fine particuls like the ringless 4 gallon nitro motors. you should easly be able to simply and wrongly abuse that motor for 12 gallons, change the ring, bearings and seals for $45, then put another 8 gallons on it.. all with the same clunk. im not pro, but thats how i do it:D

Simsy

I do like the quick relese air filter setup they have that looks like it would be a good thing.

rc-driver

kryptonite said:
you don't. its a clunk. some are like a cloth and some are like a stone. there is no need to clean them. unlike nitro's, where you open the tiny dirty tank every 7minutes or so, we open our tank evey hour.just ='s less dirt transfer. the larger motors arent so sensitive to fine particuls like the ringless 4 gallon nitro motors. you should easly be able to simply and wrongly abuse that motor for 12 gallons, change the ring, bearings and seals for $45, then put another 8 gallons on it.. all with the same clunk. im not pro, but thats how i do it:D
Thanks mate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.