• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

found a cnc company

wicks-redcat

Banned
i found a company tha does custom metal aluminum brass cnc cutting will take the diff case to see if they can make them in aluminum and for how much will keep post

scaremonger

wicks-redcat said:
i found a company tha does custom metal aluminum brass cnc cutting will take the diff case to see if they can make them in aluminum and for how much will keep post
cnc programing is about $100 per hour. the programing for that diff is a lot of hours. after its programed you can them make you a bunch of them then sell them. thats where the benifit of doing something like that. just for one is way to pricy. i won't be surprised if it cost you up to like 2gs

rob64n

Contributor
i'm having new center diff mounts made right now and a layshaft bearing holder hope to have them next week so i can get all my stuff anodized.

wicks-redcat

Banned
i will see if the person will lower the price on the diff houseing front and back in aluminum he want 250 for each i will post

scaremonger

rob64n said:
i'm having new center diff mounts made right now and a layshaft bearing holder hope to have them next week so i can get all my stuff anodized.
oooooh. do you have someone that anodizes for you?

rob64n

Contributor
not sure who your talkin to scaremonger, but yeah i have a guy waitin on my stuff when it's finished i have two ways it can be done, satin finish: i have a 70 dollar minimum and brite is a 90 dollar minimum, right now i don't have enough material to use up my minimum so i'm thinkin of tearin down some of my other cars to get up to my minimum. i want to get my money worth,lol.

roccos_van

You guys are talking about the housing for the diff gears right? If you are talking about the cases the hold the diff Himoto already makes them in alloy.

scaremonger

rob64n said:
not sure who your talkin to scaremonger, but yeah i have a guy waitin on my stuff when it's finished i have two ways it can be done, satin finish: i have a 70 dollar minimum and brite is a 90 dollar minimum, right now i don't have enough material to use up my minimum so i'm thinkin of tearin down some of my other cars to get up to my minimum. i want to get my money worth,lol.
I was refering to you rob64n about anodizing. i want to do it so i though maybe you had experience with a home set up. its kind of simple just havent done it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts