• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First Run...

Skater229

Well kinda, I ran for about 12 to 15 mins waiting for dinner to be finished... I didn't get into the motor much, just kinda blipped doing a figure 8... Made a few straight passes around 3/4 throttle, not to shabby... Going to swap out the stock muffler for the X-can tonight... Will be running a tank or two tomm night, and might even get her dirty ;)

Skater

MOfroggy

Skater229,

If you don't have servo replacements on the way I would get them on order ASAP. I did the same slow driving you did with mine when I first got it and I wasn't dogging it at all and the throttle servo just quit on it's own. I replaced mine with a Hitec 645 from a nitro project and it is working good.

Rob has taken real good care of us so far and I am sure we all appreciate it but this being on the cusp of greatness for the new truck is going to be expensive. I bet by the time that the 10th shipment gets here a lot of these minor, annoying problems will be solved.

MOfroggy

Skater229

Well I do have a few parts I can steal from an old FG Marder... So if I need one in a pinch i do have one... Have already spoken to Rob about getting some parts ordered soon... Will be servos, PhatDad shocks, extra gears, screw kit, and a few beefed up parts...

Have already replaced the outdrive pins with the hardened ones, MCD gears, red springs, and getting ready to install the X-can

Skater

RampageHopUps

The factory is actually already fixing things as we find them. The 3rd shipment has some fixes and so does the 4th. For the guys who bought the first few shipments, you will be taken care of.

MOfroggy

RampageHopUps said:
The factory is actually already fixing things as we find them. The 3rd shipment has some fixes and so does the 4th. For the guys who bought the first few shipments, you will be taken care of.
We all greatly appreciate the way you have treated us pioneers.

Skater229

RampageHopUps said:
Outstanding Job so far... Goes the EXTRA Mile... One happy customer :D

Skater

Modified RC

RampageHopUps said:
That's great that they are fixing things already at the factory, It's also great knowing the guys that got one from first few shipments will be taken care of.

Thanks!

Trtboy

Thanks for all the great service Rob, it is greatly appreciated!!!!

Skater229

Sorry that i have not been around much this week... But a few things going on at the office... Anyways I ran the truck on the golf course, Speed was good and handled rather well... Had a few issues with the jumps, but that was my fault going from higher ground to a rather steep slope... I rolled the truck a few times... The last time i rolled it was a nasty thud... But anyways here are a few pics of my work area, and the new fuel routing...Skater

ToolDesksmall.jpg

TruckworkStationsmall.jpg

TruckFuel2small.jpg

/monthly_2008_08/ToolDesksmall.jpg.022183385f1e13206ee8e9e7c094293e.jpg

/monthly_2008_08/TruckworkStationsmall.jpg.17ff1e3e07b90eafab4a4021b7a243f6.jpg

/monthly_2008_08/TruckFuel2small.jpg.f07d6d102bf30af9ff65f5ae0e4a8fab.jpg

Skater229

RampageHopUps said:
Cool black gear cover, tell us how?
Kraylon for Plastics... Just sprayed the inside first, then did the outside... It is a nice smooth finish... Sorry about the dirt, but it is truck right?

Just found out when I took the last tumble, I broke the ceramic on the spark plug... Any word on a better main roll cage? Also what about something to allow the longer spark plugs?

Skater

RampageHopUps

The aluminum roll cages from the factory and also steel cages HBZ are very close. These are ont he way to me today:

Image015-22.jpg That will alllow you to run taller sparkplugs.

M

magnum57

Very nice, great to see the aftermarket stuff coming out. The progression of rampage is pretty exciting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts