• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First run was great!

topdog802

i ran my mt for the first time tonight.... :eek: its sweet!!! i only got to run for 20 min or so. whats the best was to to make it accelerate better? i got the red clutch springs on the way. maybe a better clutch? and that about the turning radius? it turns like a semi. i was driving on a packed snow driveway.

kryptonite

thats awsome!! anything break? did you order the clutch spring yet? i have 7 high rpm springs! i'd gladly put one in the mail for you. ive had good luck with the stock cy clutches, but an elcon clutch would be sick. the stinger on the pipe really killes your low end. not sure what kinda mess it will make under the shell, but if you can get it off you will have better throttle response. im gona put the tgn on once this weather breaks. the 4 wheel drive is a blast in the snow. my 5b just sits and spins. glad you had as much fun as me!!

topdog802

nothing broke... :D i hope the snow holds off so i don't have to work i wanna bash this thing! i got the red clutch springs from rob. i already spent this weeks allowance on a bunch of parts...the wif wont let me spent to much. what do u have for clutch springs? my next investment is going to be a pipe. it sucks mobody makes a good pipe that exits the the back...i got mixed feelings about the side pipe. is there a low to mid pipe for the rampage?

mooman007uk

Banned
best thing for more grunt is a top end kit, preferably ported...it'll eat some of your allowance but it's well worth it.

things are a blast aren't they? i found a great new bash spot with some good jumps etc...they fly real nice.

for a pipe check out some of the threads in the exhaust section and look for sprint 77's mods...he just finished mine...does great work

C-Mac

That blows but an easy fix I am sure.I broke my upper/lower arms jumping it 7 feet in the air but worth it :)

topdog802

mooman007uk said:
best thing for more grunt is a top end kit, preferably ported...it'll eat some of your allowance but it's well worth it.
things are a blast aren't they? i found a great new bash spot with some good jumps etc...they fly real nice.

for a pipe check out some of the threads in the exhaust section and look for sprint 77's mods...he just finished mine...does great work
thanks for the info. its my first 1/5 what a blast and as for allowance...if i bother the wif enough, i can get some more$ i was thinking about buying a pipe and talking to sprint77. that could cost lots$ whats his labor rate? what pipe u have? ive seen sprints work, it would be worth it. lots of options for the top end, any input on top end kits would be great .

Clubin

Banned
topdog802 said:
thanks for the info. its my first 1/5 what a blast and as for allowance...if i bother the wif enough, i can get some more$ i was thinking about buying a pipe and talking to sprint77. that could cost lots$ whats his labor rate? what pipe u have? ive seen sprints work, it would be worth it. lots of options for the top end, any input on top end kits would be great .
For top end best bang for your buck would be a race ported 28.5 DDM or O'Neill, they both do a spectacular job.

topdog802

thanks clubin im going with the ddm. i made run 2 today, ran for about an hour no breaks...thats exciting! this thing is a tank in the snow, i was going through 6-8in no problem. this truck is great.

mooman007uk

Banned
I reckon for the mt you want the low/mid power of the 28.5 which still has great top end as it'll rev high.

here's my hpi ss sprint mod pipe...it's at the mercy of the postman right now, you'll have to contact him with want you want for an estimate as he mods various different pipes...the price isn't shocking though very reasonable for the time it must take him.

kryptonite

thats personel choice moo:p. i kinda like the "rocket" top end. im still up in the air with my motor choice. i really don't mind the low end lag. its fixable with a pipe and a spring. i just may go with a race ported 25.4.. for me i just feel safer knowing im not going to shred stuff.. but like i said. im still undecided.

mooman007uk

Banned
Yeah it is personal choice, I prefer the torque rather than top end. I've got the mcd 27/33 a & B gears to give a bit more speed and with the added grunt I should still gain a tad on the low end too so hope to get the best of both ends.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts