• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

first run, pretty dissapointed

Trtboy

So, I took the mt2 out today for it's first run. I wasn't impressed to say the least. 5 minutes into the run, one of the pins on the drive shaft dog bone either fell out or sheared off!!! causing only the front wheels to turn. Only front wheel drive now!!! So now I have to take the motror out to get to that center drive shaft. Any help would be great. Is there a warranty??

Thanks,

Todd:mad:

Sprint 77

Contributor
I know Rob has a fix for this or will find a good solution. AS far as a weekend fix go find a drill bit that fits in about .002" bigger cut the smooth end (part you chuck in drill) and hammer it in. The drill is good steel and will do you good. I have seen this problem even on a 5b before.

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
We will get you a new dogbone. If you bought it from Rob, let him know. If you bought it from somebody else, send me an email. [email protected]

I just returned from out of town and read some of the issues you guys are having. Redcat will be taking care of all early adopters of the Rampage. So far the problems seem to be very minimal based on the amount shipped to date, but we will continue to report everything to the factory and will take care of issues as they arise with the Rampage owners.

Thanks for you support and understanding.

Darin

Skater229

Is it the dogbone shearing? or a set screw coming lose and backing out? Just want to know if I should do a tear down and check everything...

Skater

Trtboy

Skater229 said:
Is it the dogbone shearing? or a set screw coming lose and backing out? Just want to know if I should do a tear down and check everything...
Skater
Not the set screws. It is one of the pins from the rear dogbone. I don't know if it fell out or sheard off. I don't know ifthey are tapped in there or what, but I do know that I can see through the pin hole in the dogbone. So basically the dog bone is spinning inside the drive cup, not allowing the rear tires to be turned. My advise would be to check everything out well before you go out bashing. I was just in the street for 10 minutes!!

Cheers.

fourwheeler

Trtboy said:
My advise would be to check everything out well before you go out bashing.
That is some good advise anyway. I realize we are all excited to run the Rampage but a good tear down and once over will save you time and money in the long run. And give you a chance to admire your rig while it is still clean and pristine.

chefjness

Trtboy said:
Not the set screws. It is one of the pins from the rear dogbone. I don't know if it fell out or sheard off. I don't know ifthey are tapped in there or what, but I do know that I can see through the pin hole in the dogbone. So basically the dog bone is spinning inside the drive cup, not allowing the rear tires to be turned. My advise would be to check everything out well before you go out bashing. I was just in the street for 10 minutes!!
Cheers.
It must have fallen out if you can see through it. It it sheared off probably would have a chunck still inside and not allowing you to see through the head of the bone. Guess wee need to take them out and thread lockem in or something or wait for our after market team to come out with something.

Its cool...the Baja had a few issues early on. I feel in good hands with the support from Rob and DArin from Redcat.

John

RampageHopUps

The MCD dogbones fit perfect, if anyone is looking for an aftermarket upgrade. Using a green Loctite 609 on the dogbone pins will solve the problem temporarilly. If you find the pin.......

chefjness

RampageHopUps said:
The MCD dogbones fit perfect, if anyone is looking for an aftermarket upgrade. Using a green Loctite 609 on the dogbone pins will solve the problem temporarilly. If you find the pin.......
Are the MCD dog bones one piece?

NEWCARNAGE

yeah my buddys pin sheared me personally i think the mt tires are too heavy. and the pin looks like pop metal alot of air bubbles in it when they casted it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts