• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First post!

G

hotrod9193 said:
Hey rc dad how dose ur rig run with paddles all the way around? I'm thinking of doing the same to mine.
It's fun. Incredible traction in grass, sand or loose dirt. Don't use them in the pretty grass though, it really tears it up. I need to make myself a full chassis screen. The front paddles completely fill the chassis with crud.

G

rcgasser said:
Yes it really is when I put the 2 speed back on it they are really in trouble.
It looks like you were already run'n them down in the straights. They will have to get outa the way for sure. :)

hotrod9193

Ya I'm moving back to oklahoma soon and it's mostly loose dirt and sand so I'll be putting paddles on it, is it hard on your drive train?

JOHN BLAZE. What causes the roll cage to break? Just rough landings or exhaust pipe melting it?

G

hotrod9193 said:
Ya I'm moving back to oklahoma soon and it's mostly loose dirt and sand so I'll be putting paddles on it, is it hard on your drive train?
Yes. When ever you have really good traction the drivetrain takes the beating. You also have to slow down while cornering. With the extra traction the vehicle will roll over easier.

hotrod9193

RCDAD said:
Yes. When ever you have really good traction the drivetrain takes the beating. You also have to slow down while cornering. With the extra traction the vehicle will roll over easier.
ill keep this in mind thanks

hotrod9193

well those are the mods iv made so far. The heat tape on the cages might be a lil much but im just making shure the jet pro don't melt anything... now just waiting of fed ex

hotrod9193

New Parts

Got the new parts from Daves Discount Motors. 8k clutch and jet pro pipe for the Chimera and what can I say this thing is an awesome piece of metal work well worth the cost.

John Blaze

@ hotrod9193 the rear section of the roll cage keeps breaking on rollovers and ass first landings on jumps not due to melting from the pipe

John Blaze

I have just been repairing it with some super thin tire glue and gorilla tape and it's been holding up good better than buying those parts over and over I'll be replacing that section with aluminum tube very soon

hotrod9193

John Blaze said:
@ hotrod9193 the rear section of the roll cage keeps breaking on rollovers and ass first landings on jumps not due to melting from the pipe
Thanks ill try to keep it rubber down but no promises lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts