• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First 1/5 Dunerunner or XB

TCaputo

For you guys who have driven both Dunerunner vs xb what can you say about each model. I am torn between them. I live in Florida so I can bash year round / Currently own a losi 2.0 nitro buggy but never 1/5..

phreerider

the DR is bigger and heavier , the XB lighter and fraction smaller , most noticeable, length. dr will traverse a little rougher terrain easier.

come with same mill and drive train (except gear plate) which can and should be upgraded on XB.

Xb is quick and nimble. DR i think may have taller gears so fraction higher speed and obvious mass. TON more cool hop up parts for XB it seems .

the DR more true 1/5 scale, more durable (based on MT scale and parts) . for the weight of each really about the same , DR has way more chassis (like MT)

both are off gas steer out of the box , but dual servos can change that!

Ice_2k

phreerider said:
both are off gas steer out of the box , but dual servos can change that!
What does that "off gas steer" mean?

hombre

What upgrades r available for the xb and not the DR?? Is the xb faster outta the box since its lighter chassis?

Phill

I have the Dr and am more than happy with it.

The only complaint I have is that there isn't the choice of bodies that are available for the XB.

Plenty of upgrade parts are available.

Single steering servo works great.

Performs well out of the box but a tuned pipe really wakes em up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts