• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

finished up the Rampage

Lizardking

Well, today I finished painting my MCD Ford body- I did have to do a little trimming to get it to fit right. Sealed the paint with rubberized undercoating and then black duct tape. I also installed the Pico switch today but did have to add a window in my radio box so I could see the LED light. Last, I changed out the dog bones for the MCD's- whoa what a difference in size.

Decided to fire it up today for only the 2nd time to begin breaking it in. I did notice after changing the 25T gears to the Ramtech 25T metal gears it does bind up a little- you can tell when your trying to roll it- wheels want to lock up some. I've read this is normal with the metal gears until they break in. I plan to take her out tomorrow.

So Far-

MCD Ford body

Pico Swith- with modified rado box with window

Hitec 5745 steering servo

Hitec 5645 throttle servo- aluminum servo added

MCD dog bones- all drive shafts

CY 30.5 engine

Ramtech metal gears 25T

CAT5 nuts

Red Cat Pipe

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

sounds like its coming together nicely. on my new tt it was bindy too. i had it all apart with no gears or bones and it was still bindy.. was thnking it was the center gears. ran 2 tanks thru it today and it will now roll up hill. :D completly gone. see if you can get some pics up for us..

Lizardking

Thanks, I'm thinking about buying the Desperado/XTR wheel combo. The HPI hubs came in today and it should make the MT more responsive.

kryptonite

im sitting here pondering the same thing. after running my tt today i really see how horible those mt tires are. it is like night and day between the 2 rigs. the tt is so much more responsive to throttle and turns it almost feels faster then my mt(its not). the only reall benifit to the large tires is the type of running conditions. the big tires makes for great ground clearance. but thats about it.

its eather a side dom for the tt or rims and tires for the mt.. im torn

DemonRC

Lizardking said:
don't get the tumor growth....get the wheels and tires.
Hey I hated my Dom tumor before I installed it. I actually thought about sending it back. That is untill I ran it today for the first time. I love my tumor now :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts