• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Finished pics until i break it.

Rmwgk1

WOW! Sweet ass dude!! Those tower to frame supports are wicked cool......sorry to bite on your style but I gotta make me a pair of those! :)

GTS 666

Thanks guys glad you like it. Making some supports will take all the flex out of the chassis would be cool if it was a factory upgrade.

tsudo5th

Wow you have great ideas! Way to be different!!! How did you get the rod to have the round mounting points?

Last edited by a moderator:

GTS 666

tsudo5th said:
Wow you have great ideas! Way to be different!!! How did you get the rod to have the round mounting points?
Thanks mate. The round mounting points are washes welded to steel rod. I've bashed and rolled it and none of the welds have giving way. Simple but effective.

Deluge

I'm planning on making some chassis braces, as well. I have some aluminum rod that I want to use. Just have to practice welding on some scrap aluminum.

Knuckles

Nice truck, I like the clean look of the belt drive, does it run quieter with the belt than with the gears?

ChuenouXiao

GTS 666 said:
Hope to finally get some time tomorrow to have a run. I would assume that the belt would be alot more quiet than metal gears.
It is quieter.... I notice that my XB performed better too. Lighter and direct power from motor is awesome :D

GTS 666

I've had the Bowties for about a year and have only ran about six tanks on them in grass and gravel. They havent had any real use with the Ts reed yet. I haven't been able to run this year as I was away from home for six months. But now that spring is coming on all my cars will get heaps of use. I'm looking for a roller or used Mt to test out a couple of engines I have modded while it's been cold.

Deluge

Awesome. I have a G260 that I want to try and mod. Just can't decide what I want to do with it. I've been thinking about keeping it a 26, and just squeeze what I can out of it. What mods have you done? Basic porting, I'd assume?

GTS 666

One is original 23cc Cy that came with my Mt its now a 28.5 that I recently ported and lightened the flywheel still a really good motor. The other is a Cy that has a Darksole marine head and a 1mm stuffed crank that I want to test out too. I know these marine heads have heating issues but its just for fun. I will bump the compression up and run some methanol through it as I already have a 499 walbro carb. If it fails which I know it will eventually I don't mind.

GTS 666

I think they are Tungsten Carbide not an overly expensive kit but they fit in the dremel and cut Aluminium like butter. I purchased mine from a small tool shop i would imagine any hardware store would carry them i can post a pic if you need. Once you use them you wont use anything else saves heaps of time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.