• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

failsafe kill switch

badd_maxx25

im looking at the failsafes they have on daves web site withch is better. im going to be using it with a futaba 3pm fasst radio. will i be able to shut the motor off with the 3rd channal on them. thanks for the help

Gas Jocky

I've been using pb2themax's kill switches for quite awhile now, no problems. He even helped me sort out the settings on my 3pks radio to get it to work properly.

Gas Jocky

I like having the led, it lets me know the ignition is good to go. I installed it the first time inside my radio box and forgot about it, pulled my arm off trying to start it the first few times till I rememberd I had one..DUH! Now I have installed it where the stock kill switch used to be and use the 3rd channel to shut it down. Works great! Go for pb2's

kun114

I cut a small hole in the radio box lid and siliconed some clear lexan to seal the hole. I just placed the switch in the radio box where I can see if the light is on or off through the lexan window.

pipeous

I watched the vids and such. I am sold. Just have to go toss some money on the pre paid mc now. I ordered tires but in canada I can just use the bank account instant... e cheques to usa take forever...

I won't even drive the semi until I install one now. At least where I run the Rampage human life is pretty safe, but parking lot runaway would be scary. I am still getting 2.

badd_maxx25

gas jocky, what servos are you running it have a hitec hs-5745mg for sterring but im not sure what to get for t/b im thinking about the ace ds1313

Gas Jocky

I'm using duel 5745's for steering and a 5625 for the throttle brake, no problems so far. I run Hitec digital in all my rc's.

badd_maxx25

ok that will work for me ill see if the hobby shop has one in stock thanks for the info

and my switch came yesterday now ill have to wait till jan to order the truck

badd_maxx25

can some one tell me how to program my radio to use this im going to be using the futaba 3pm fasst system thanks

prostock

baddmaxx25,

3PM FASST:

How to Set the F/S Position (PPM mode)

PPM mode only:

*HRS mode: Set the F/S function by the fail safe function menu.

1. Move and hold the throttle trigger to the F/S servo

position you want to set (slow side). Then push the

F/S switch on the transmitter.

*The LED blinks green.

Note: Always set the F/S position when turning on the transmitter power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts