• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Exhausts

mini the minx

Hey Guys,

I've got a rampage pro and im after a new tuned exhaust for it as it runs the redcat one at the moment which doesn't exit beyond the shell so everytime i run it the inside of the shell gets covered in oily crap which is doing my head it (real stupid design plus i hate the sound of it too, sounds like the baja ss)

So which to go for :confused:

DDM Side Dom - i know i'll get the performace but with it being side mounted does it get dented or pick crap up in the end of the exhaust when the truck is rolled ??

Jetpro Side Pipe - again good performace but think i've discounted this one

CPI Pipe - Don't know much about this at all

Any others you guys can recommend would be great - or advice to help me choose

Im the england uk, so will have to import the new exhaust from across your side of pond, hence why i want to get the right one first time due to customs charges - bloody robbing goverments :mad:

Thanks Guys ;)

Obeast44

Banned
Ive used the DDM Side dom, and the Jet pro both of which are very solid pipes. The stinger on the side dom can be bent in a very severe crash, but itd take a serious hit to damage it. I preferred the performance of the Dominator vs the Jet pro in my MT Pro. The Pro is a heavy rig. The side dom had a better bottom end while the jet pro screamed up high.

Jeebus

can i ask ware you guys are finding these exhausts?

i see them everyware for the baja units, but only a handfull of them for the redcat.

can we bolt up the baja exhausts to fit usually?

Taylor

DanSpd

I have tried dunerunner tuned pipe and jet pro v2 side mounted.

And I can tell for sure, jet pro is hella awesome pipe and I am grad that I own it.

Gonna try jet pro rear exhaust pipe.

krashkrieg

Contributor
i've had the CPI new rear exit pipe and I love it.

You can get it new or I just saw the last prototype back on ebay just yesterday. It's the actually release one in black, just been run for a half tank.

great low end, great sound...well protected, No mod needed for TT, minor mod for MT bumper (cut very end corner off) you can see pics in my album with video.....bash video any day now...

mini the minx

Thanks for the replies guy's :)

I'd prefer a rear exit pipe but didn't think there was any avaliable for the redcat, i had a samba on my FG MT and that was awesome :D

I'll check out the CPI and give Sprint77 a pm but if i remember rightly he's not to keen on shipping to the UK, but it's worth a try.

EDIT :

Is this the correct cpi exhaust ??

http://www.largescalerc.com/CPITunedPipeforRedcatRampage.aspx

2nd EDIT :

Being looking at the fitting of cpi pipe and as i have the MT pro, which runs the piggy back shocks im pretty sure these will fool the exhaust so it won't fit :(

I am right in my thinking ??

Last edited by a moderator:

rob64n

Contributor
Only if you can turn your piggy backs inward. i run a jetpro side pipe it's been through a rough beatin and no dents so far but did break a mounting bracket but it was easy fix been runnin for over a year now.

krashkrieg

Contributor
That's great Pipeous but it's been a month and we still don't know how the Jet Pro attaches to the Buggy frame?

Looks like Dino missed more than half the Rampage audience by not designing it to fit the MT as well.

mini the minx

Hmmm nothings ever simple :(

I think the second link to the rear jetpro pipe would fool on the piggy back shocks too - dammit !!

I will contact sprint and see if he's willing to post to the uk, sure he said it was to much hassle :( understandable though

Any other options you guys can think of ??

krashkrieg

Contributor
There's always a stinger setup, but you need to re-direct out from under the MT lid...

Know anyone state side that could buy Sprints when released and ship it to U?

mini the minx

krashkrieg said:
There's always a stinger setup, but you need to re-direct out from under the MT lid...
Know anyone state side that could buy Sprints when released and ship it to U?
Nop :rolleyes:

My Moms canadian so got her family over there ;)

Obeast44

Banned
mini the minx said:
Hmmm nothings ever simple :(
I think the second link to the rear jetpro pipe would fool on the piggy back shocks too - dammit !!

I will contact sprint and see if he's willing to post to the uk, sure he said it was to much hassle :( understandable though

Any other options you guys can think of ??

You can have Sprint ship it to me, and I will post it to you via USPS Priority International w/Insurance. All I ask is ya cover the shipping expense. Ive done that for another member here with one of his pipes.

rob64n

Contributor
i guess i haven't looked close at the piggybacks i guess you can't rotate them. if thats the case i would trade for the stock shock with hpi lowers and as for the rear jetpro i was told you have to space the bumper to fit the mt.

mini the minx

Obeast44 said:
You can have Sprint ship it to me, and I will post it to you via USPS Priority International w/Insurance. All I ask is ya cover the shipping expense. Ive done that for another member here with one of his pipes.
Thats a mega kind offer Obeast44 :)

Of course i'd cover all the expenses - I'll get onto sprint and see where the land lies so to speak

Thank you :)

pipeous

I haven't talked to Dino in a month either. Been stupid busy myself working. I took on a contract that is an hour's drive (plus because of the hwy inprovements). I stay late so I miss the traffic coming back. Finally a stat holiday yesterday so I did some wrenching on my rc's. best bet is to call dino as it's toll free anyway, and ask him the questions. He's really good for doing custom stuff too. he made me a special silencer for my side pipe on the rally so it is a bit longer and points down behind the bumper

rob64n

Contributor
Yeah dino has been pretty busy. talked to him this past weekend. he is gonna send out some stuff so can build myself a new pipe plus some free stuff for winning the race at powerjam using his pipe.

jackson

i am waiting for my cat to arrive in a few weeks, they're out of stock..so i have to wait, one there's a few things am changing right out of the box, beeing the pipe mi first item, i was wondering the polished aluminumm pipe that redcat sells for about 60-70 bucks is it any good . also found some hpi pipes loocal shop has them really cheap will they fit ?

i don't want to spend a lot on a pipe just want something different than what comes stock still maintaining some performance if possible

any suggestions guys?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts