• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Exhaust?

amstel78

I haven't received my XB yet, but was curious as to what exhaust comes with the car? Is it the chrome tuned pipe like what's shown in the pictures on Redcat's website or a standard muffler?

G

It comes with the chrome pipe. It actually polished aluminum.

ChuenouXiao

amstel78 said:
I haven't received my XB yet, but was curious as to what exhaust comes with the car? Is it the chrome tuned pipe like what's shown in the pictures on Redcat's website or a standard muffler?
It's a standard pipe. I recommend you upgrade your pipe ASAP once you receive your XB to truly take full advantage of your XB :D

G

ChuenouXiao said:
It's a standard pipe. I recommend you upgrade your pipe ASAP once you receive your XB to truly take full advantage of your XB :D
It will be inevitable. The aluminum pipes can't take the heat. It will crack and or melt.

amstel78

Any suggestions for a silencer instead? Trying to keep the noise level down actually.

G

If you install one of the cans you can add silicone tube to the stinger and run it down to the bottom of the chassis. Keep it pointed at the ground. It will do a great job of lowering the noise level.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
If you install one of the cans you can add silicone tube to the stinger and run it down to the bottom of the chassis. Keep it pointed at the ground. It will do a great job of lowering the noise level.
I've seen some videos of the XB with a rectangular OEM can exhaust with black tubing attached to the stinger yet I can't seem to find them for sale.

Inertia Racing Products

troll through the for sale section over on Rob's other forum http://www.hpibajaforum.com/

ideally you would like to find a 5t can muffler, these produce a little more power than the stock can.

now they are a little bigger so i'm not sure if that would be an issue, maybe someone that has tried one can post up.

the 5t can is cheaper than the x-can and IMO better performance.

G

I've got several take offs. I'll let you have one for shipping costs if you like.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
I've got several take offs. I'll let you have one for shipping costs if you like.
Sounds good. My XB arrives tomorrow so I'll see first hand just how loud the tuned pipe is that comes with it. If it's excessive for my area, then I'll PM you to arrange for an OEM can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts