• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Exhaust question

NewKat

Hey guys,

I can't afford an aftermarket tuned pipe right now so do you guys have any recommendations to modifying the stock one? I haven't put the shell on yet because I don't want to melt it so does anyone have a solution to improve the stock one for the time being as well as eliminating the "melting of the body" issue? Let me know and thank you guys as usual.

cordy

You could wrap the pipe with heat tape available at your auto parts store.

NewKat

Sorry guys and thank you. I have an XT. I am sorry I left that detail out. Will an xb pipe work because it comes straight out? Thank you guys for the recommendations so far.

Motakitty

i have a stock xb pipe you can have to try, I don't need it anymore its practically brand new. If you want it pm me your address and I'll send it your way

G

NewKat said:
Sorry guys and thank you. I have an XT. I am sorry I left that detail out. Will an xb pipe work because it comes straight out? Thank you guys for the recommendations so far.
The XB pipes will belt and or crack. Not worth buying a new one.

NewKat

Motakitty, I appreciate it. I just may message you if I can't modify mine some way. Thank you again, that's nice of you. RCDAD, is it that way they're made? Do you have any recommendations? Anyone else have an idea or anyone done anything to modify theirs?

G

The XB pipe is aluminum. It just can't handle the heat. That pretty much applies to any aluminum pipe.

This is typical...

Motakitty

You can always get the xcan its compact and you can run tubing out the back. Your welcome, feel free to pm me anytime if you want it. People have helped me so Im here to help out too

Sprint 77

Contributor
RCDAD said:
The XB pipe is aluminum. It just can't handle the heat. That pretty much applies to any aluminum pipe.This is typical...

I would say more of most of the china pipes can"t handle the heat with the low quality aluminum that the chinese make. I have had good results from fab pipes in aluminum using 6061 T6 for my flange and 3003 tubing from usa extruders with many years of running .

G

I would agree!

Hey Sprint, have you ever built a titanium pipe? I know its expensive and harder to work with, but its is awesome.

Sprint 77

Contributor
More than likely it would be a combo of titanium with stainless tubing. 3/4 7/8 & 1 inch titanium tube would be hard to find. I carry titanium sheet for my aircraft work now. A have made a high grade stainless 321 pipe . Only full scale stuff in titanium. My aircraft fab work and some

Motorcycle exhaust

G

I had a full titanium Yoshimura exhaust on my GSXR back in the day. I was amazed how light it was.

rampagemt

I got a ss pipe and a fast eddy clamp here I would let go super cheap just need header mine broke when I tried bending to fit xb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.